FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

The OTA dongle isn't sensitive as mentioned above. Maybe that was one faulty device or a poor connection but I have had mine vertical, horizontal and even hanging behind my TV and never had any issue with it.

It was something MikeD commented on early in the testing. Perhaps, as you mention, his connection wasn't quite right until he moved the dongle to a horizontal position. It is good to know that the dongle works in any position.

ronfelder said:
Does anyone recommend a good indoor ota antenna to be use with the ota module?

Also can one access the it's programming from the ota module by way of Dish Remote access or Dish Online?

Zenith Silver Sensor or similar.

Just ordered my Hopper USB OTA module. Noticed that it's USB cable is quite short, but it looks like it is a standard USB cable - USB Type A Male on one end and a USB Type B Male on the other.
Rather than running the antenna's stiff RG-6 coax cable up to the Hopper - the furnished USB cable could be replaced with a new (up to 15 foot long) USB cable. Then the OTA module (as well as the connector end of the RG-6 coax.) could be placed anywhere up to 15 feet from the Hopper. No more "dangling OTA module!

Monoprice sells a 15 foot USB 2.0 cable for under $2. Monoprice #5440.

I called my distributor and they didn't have any yet. Said he wasn't sure if they would get any either. So I went online and just bought one. I can't imagine I would've gotten it much cheaper.

Well I guess you have to have a hopper on your account to order.

Yeap, it doesn't show up in the online store otherwise.

Which sucks because the only hopper I have is at the office and does not have a mydish account and the normal supply chain does not have them Grrrrrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)