FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

I ordered my OTA module yesterday afternoon and when I checked my email this morning I was greeted with my tracking info. Says I'll have it tomorrow already. Very impressive. Just have to wait for my download yet. I seem to be about a week behind when they are released.

How are people connecting this? Seperate run from the antenna to the usb adapter?

I think so, which doesn't work too well in any location where I want to put my Hoppers.

Perhaps we could use a couple of isolators on a single cable to dump the MOCA signal into a terminator. (Obviously connectivity would be by LAN.) Then we could diplex the OTA antenna signal as normal. Theoretically.

Picking up OTA signals follows no rules. What works 100% for one person could be a complete failure for the next. One needs to determine how far away and in what direction their local TV towers are (i.e. use the antennaweb.org link given above).

You can certainly try a $15 indoor antenna from Walmart or Radio Shack, but keep your receipt ! If you have aluminum siding, don't expect much with an indoor antenna unless you put it in a window or aim it out of a window.

I see the modern equivalents to a bent coat hanger are upon us- and work in many areas.

PTAT is for sat provided locals. It works bt recording the entire transponder stream.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Here's hoping that the software update happens overnight so that I can try it out as soon as it arrives!

If I read correctly with a joey connected, the joey can see the ota channels...but only one joey or hopper can view the ota channels???
That is what it sounds like... The hopper and any connected joeys can view the OTA channels ***slight drawback*** (only one at a time) due to it is only one tuner but an additional tuner none the less!

I just ordered my Hopper and Joey upgrade, which will be delivered the day after Thanksgiving. I've been trying to order the USB OTA so that I'll have it when my Hopper shows up. The challenge is that since I don't have a Hopper yet, the USB OTA tuner doesn't show up as an available "option" to purchase (DISH is trying to be "smart" and keep me from ordering something that isn't compatible with my current DVR). I tried calling twice into Dish to see if they could just over ride that, and allow me to order it now. One claimed it's not order-able yet (which is obviously not true). The second person said that even though people can place an order, there is no real ship dates yet.. Which also sounds incorrect if people above are seeing theirs shipping.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get one of these ordered now?? Maybe one of the Dish guys who watch these threads know how to get around this? Thx!

That is what it sounds like... The hopper and any connected joeys can view the OTA channels ***slight drawback*** (only one at a time) due to it is only one tuner but an additional tuner none the less!

But everyone can watch the same OTA channel at the same time by pressing the remote red button and joining the Hopper or Joey that is using the OTA tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts