FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

Ten TVs. Presently two 722Ks and one 722 are connected (all modulated) to my home distribution splitter. Any TV including the primary TVs can watch any DVR they wish. There is another 722 in the kids room that is not connected (modulated) to the home splitter. However, I do have it diplexed so it can tune in to the two 722ks and the other 722 if required. I am thinking of getting three Hoppers and six Joeys if Dish allows that and attach external modulators to them for the remaining TVs.

God ble$$ you. Di$h love$ you!

charlesrshell said:
Ten TVs. Presently two 722Ks and one 722 are connected (all modulated) to my home distribution splitter. Any TV including the primary TVs can watch any DVR they wish. There is another 722 in the kids room that is not connected (modulated) to the home splitter. However, I do have it diplexed so it can tune in to the two 722ks and the other 722 if required. I am thinking of getting three Hoppers and six Joeys if Dish allows that and attach external modulators to them for the remaining TVs.

That sounds good, more tuners for not much more + WHDVR. You could save some receiver fees by using less Joeys (mirroring) though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Gbo said:
Does the it's support clear qam? I have internet with local stations from my local cable company. I guess I am wishing...

Nope. Just ATSC.

That sounds good, more tuners for not much more + WHDVR. You could save some receiver fees by using less Joeys (mirroring) though.

Thanks 3HaloODST. I could get by with three Hoppers and just two Joeys. Kids room HD TV could have a dedicated Hopper and the other two Hoppers connected to four HD TVs. Install external modulators on both Hoppers to feed the remaining six TVs. Modulators would also feed the HD TVs that have the Hoppers and Joeys too. Maybe someday the Hoppers and Joeys will be able to fully mirror (live, OTA, & recorded) each other if required and I will not have to modulate to them anymore. Would this help to cut down my bill some if there are two Joeys instead of six? Also I would have three HD DVRs instead of four that I have now. Would that help out too? I realize the initial cost will be up there but I can live with that.

Wow, thats pretty good free shipping. Ordered yesterday around 2:00 and its showing a delivery for tomorrow.

Mine comes tonight.. then I am going to play...

Going to try hooking two up to one Hopper... then try one on each hopper...

Will reporting my findings. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Mine comes tonight.. then I am going to play...

Going to try hooking two up to one Hopper... then try one on each hopper...

Will reporting my findings. :D

If you connect a second USB OTA dongle, you will not see the normal message stating an OTA has been detected, nor will you see a second tuner in the TV viewing status screen. It basically won't be recognized and will have no functionality.

Connecting a second OTA dongle will not do anything. You will not see the normal message stating an OTA has been detected, nor will you see a second tuner in the TV viewing status screen.

Dislike the message, not the messenger!

I just ordered my Hopper and Joey upgrade, which will be delivered the day after Thanksgiving. I've been trying to order the USB OTA so that I'll have it when my Hopper shows up. The challenge is that since I don't have a Hopper yet, the USB OTA tuner doesn't show up as an available "option" to purchase (DISH is trying to be "smart" and keep me from ordering something that isn't compatible with my current DVR). I tried calling twice into Dish to see if they could just over ride that, and allow me to order it now. One claimed it's not order-able yet (which is obviously not true). The second person said that even though people can place an order, there is no real ship dates yet.. Which also sounds incorrect if people above are seeing theirs shipping.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get one of these ordered now?? Maybe one of the Dish guys who watch these threads know how to get around this? Thx!

Send me a PM with your account information and I can get this ordered for you.