First snow today

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
At least 2-3 inches, and still snowing hard. Not sticking to the roads, but it's a heavy, wet snow that's pulling down trees. Need to go brush them off!

It was supposed to rain today!!

Just read we are supposed to get a hard freeze tonight as well.

Haven't blown out sprinklers, and will probably lose some plants..

I still have roses and other flowers blooming. Heck, it was in the 80's earlier this week, and probably be back in the 70's next week.

We got snow in the local mountains here this past Wednesday and Mammoth got over a foot

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

yaz96 said:
We've had snow on Pikes Peak in the past couple of weeks. but nothing down this low.

You live near Colorado Springs? Friends of ours used to live in CO Springs. My aunt and uncle live near Denver, which of course is quite a bit north. We also have friends that live in Grand Junction.

We try to go to CO once a year to do some skiing. Skied Copper Mountain, Breckenridge (profile pics have one with my wife and I in Brek), Vail, and Keystone. CO is second to only UT in best skiing powder.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

They got 3 feet at Wolf Creek this past week, and opened the ski area.

We're only at 6500 ft here.
You must be in interior southern CO. Never skied in that part of the state. Have driven through Highway 160 though as we went from 4 corners to Pueblo

You must be in interior southern CO. Never skied in that part of the state. Have driven through Highway 160 though as we went from 4 corners to Pueblo

Wolf Creek is in SW Colorado near Durango. It's usually A-Basin or Loveland duking it out to be the first area in the country open. (and last closed)

And you got it wrong - UT is second to only CO in best skiing powder. Colorado is Ski Country USA! ;)

yaz96 said:
Wolf Creek is in SW Colorado near Durango. It's usually A-Basin or Loveland duking it out to be the first area in the country open. (and last closed)

And you got it wrong - UT is second to only CO in best skiing powder. Colorado is Ski Country USA! ;)

A buddy of mine while in the Air Force said Jackson hole Wyoming was the best skiing in the country.

I've been to Wolf Creek, it is absolutely a beautiful place. Wolf Creek also receives the most annual snow fall in the state, can't remember the #'s but it was phenomenal.

Last edited:
You say snow and I think Christmas. Then I start looking around to where I want to put my christmas tree's this year. Then I realize it's only October, and I have more than a month and a half before I should put them out. That's disappointing! :D

tigerprowler said:
You say snow and I think Christmas. Then I start looking around to where I want to put my christmas tree's this year. Then I realize it's only October, and I have more than a month and a half before I should put them out. That's disappointing! :D

I don't want winter or snow or cold or even ice, damn I hate this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts