First Strike FS-1 Satellite meter

rrrwoody

Apr 18, 2010
New Mexico
Anyone using this meter? I'm new, bought this to try and save a buck. Unless I'm doing something wrong or there's some info I don't have I think I should have spent another buck fifty and got a bird dog. I've never gotten a lock on sat 119, and I get a lock on sat 110 in several locations. I'm new in the business so maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to me the guys with sat buddies or bird dogs swing the dish once and never go back up on the roof. Half of the time the dang thing gets me on, the other half I wind up on the roof on the roof on the cell phone to the customer helping me aim the dish, any input appreciated.

Yea, I"m trying to use the FS-1 also. I like the meter itself...if I can figure it out! I think that all of the parameters have to be put in manually. I"m waiting for an email from the company to try and explain. I will post the email here when I get it.

Anyone using this meter? I'm new, bought this to try and save a buck. Unless I'm doing something wrong or there's some info I don't have I think I should have spent another buck fifty and got a bird dog. I've never gotten a lock on sat 119, and I get a lock on sat 110 in several locations. I'm new in the business so maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to me the guys with sat buddies or bird dogs swing the dish once and never go back up on the roof. Half of the time the dang thing gets me on, the other half I wind up on the roof on the roof on the cell phone to the customer helping me aim the dish, any input appreciated.

This is what I am trying to avoid. I want to be able to use settings on one bird that another one doesn't have so that it does not try to lock on a bunch of different ones. Otherwise there is not much advantage of using this meter than using a cheap $10 meter with the needle that also recognizes all the satellites up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)