Five or Six TVs??

CaseLogic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
What are our options if we want to have 5 or 6 TVs hooked up. I understand that right now they will only lease you 4 receivers?

5 will be HD, if we have a 6th it will be standard.

I have 8 flat screens hooked up to a 722. master bedroom HAS HD through component and the main tv is HDMI, all the rest are split off of 2nd tuner. They all have OTA HD so I still get HD. none of my tvs have issue with the tv 2 tuner the sharps do a way way better job at takin the standard signal and makin it look good enough not to hurt your eyes. 1 in the kitchen 2 in the bathrooms. 1 in the garage 1 i the office and 1 in the guestroom. SInce it is only me an my wife and she does not care about HD it is perfect.

Are all size TVs routinely on and all watching different programs? If not, you don't really need that many rec'rs; save yourself the monthly rec'rs fees and buy some long cables and splitter/switchers (like from monoprice.com). This has been talked about many times before so trying doing a search for more details.

Look at the 612 DVR and 211K receiver. Each counts as only one output, but the 612 actually has 3 tuners (2 sat and 1 ota) and the 211k has 2 tuners (1 sat and 1 ota).

For instance if you had 3 612's (A,B and C) you could run component HD to TV#1 and HDMI to TV#2 from 612 A; same to TV##3 and TV#4 from 612 B; and same to TV#5 and TV#6 off 612 C.

Of course the TV's sharing a receiver will both be watching the same programming, but if you get 4 612's for 6 TVs, two of the 612s will be servicing only 1 TV.

If you need more tuners, they will have to be purchased.

As for Dish installing it all, I'm not sure if the CSR will be able to set that up...

If you were to set it up yourself you could use a 1000 (or turbo HD) dish with a "W" bracket and 3 DP single LNBs, then running coax to a DP34 switch and then trunk to a DPP33 switch. That should give you the option for 7 receivers right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts