Flakey 6000

Chena

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ok, before anyone says get a new box, let me set the scene:

Forum: 722! Dish it Up! price is wrong, but 722! 722!

Me: :)

CSR: Ohhh, I'm sorry. The screen won't let me do anything. I'm sorry, but everything just says see your local dealer. I'm really very sorry. Sorry.

Me: :(

Installer: I don't have the information on the 722, but I have a 622 for $600. You should also update your equipment: lnb's for $50 each, something else that was either $100 or $225 maybe $250 depending on the model I wanted (dishpro?).

ceo@: "we do not ship the receivers up there"

So, not only does Alaska not get the good programming, but apparently getting the hardware is also a problem.

Before I need to decide to either upgrade, or get a new dvd player or ps3, and how much amazon and netflix can I get instead of aep and the other stuff, is there anything I can do to nurse along the 6000?

Its signal loss issues on various channels. Flip flopping the cables get me a still functioning 510 and a still flakey 6000.

The first channel to go that I noticed was Doc channel. Lost it 90% of the time ages ago. Sometimes if it locked, if you didnt flip away you could usually watch the program. Flip away: not getting it back. Now, I have lost my locals completely (maybe since early July). I only get the signal lost, channel up or down screen. I don't get them either way (ota), now. The other channels are lost randomly.

HD, original package, is usually ok, but has ever lengthening freezes and the green boxes. The other channels seem to come and go randomly. Its not like I am losing 110 altogether. Its usually the signal lost page, but as an example, I was watching Food one night, and it would be there a few minutes and then drop. I checked the signal, and it was going 30-50-70-50-30 up and down, up and down. Some nights, its ok (except for locals), others, I dont get anything I want to watch.

Like I said, the 510 works, 6000 is flakey either cable. Our "heatwave" this summer topped out at 80 degrees. Its been unusually rainy this summer, which was my first thought, but there have been clear days it hasn't worked. Once check switch said no switch, but was fine after repeating.

Any ideas?

HD Channels in Sept.

Im looking for Info about DNS for Dish Network???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)