FlASH: Ralphie Palmerio has been busted

Rafael Palmeiro poked his finger in the air for emphasis and raised his voice with all the indignation of a man falsely accused.

Also...

"I have never used steroids. Period," he told a congressional panel in March.
Mr. Palmeiro also stated, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky..." Oops, my bust...wrong lying sack-of-sh*t cheater. :rolleyes:

Q: What is the difference between Bill Clinton and Rafael Palmeiro?
A: One got caught shooting off, while the other got caught shooting up. :D

Leno and Letterman should have a field day with this one!

According to ESPN Radio commentetors, Palmeiro tests were conducted 3-4 weeks after the congrecional hearings back in March 2005. Samples are taking by independent contractor who asks the player to fill two cups with urine. These cups are labeled Sample A and Sample B. The urine collection is conducted near the independent contractor. Once the samples are collected they are properly labeled with the players name. Sample A is taking to the lab and tested. Sample B is frozen. If Sample A's results comes out positive, Sample B is taken out of storage and another test is conducted to verify the results of Sample A. If both Samples are positive, the player is informed and a hearing between the player, the player's agent, the union, MLB office and arbiter is conducted. In this proceeding, the player has an opportunity to explain why the samples (A & B) came out positive. If the player cannot convinced the arbiter with a logical explanation, the information is made plublic. It took MLB from May (when they knew the results) up to August 1, to make public the results. This is after Palmeiro collected his 3,000 hits, and the Hall Fame Induction was done. Conspiracy theories are circulating that this is no coincidence and that maybe MLB was trying to cover the news until Palmeiro got the 3000 hits. Imagine the nightmare if this has been made public before he collected the 3,000 hits.

In another news --- Bret Boone was released (once again this year) by the Twins. This is the same Bret Boone who collected 30+ HRs and 100+ RBIs with the Seattle Mariners for two season. This is the same Bret Boone who never hit 30+ HR as a Cincinnati Red player before sigining with Seattle. This is the same Bret Boone who Manager Lou Piniella categorized as Tarzan in the clubhouse because the physical appearance of Bret Boone has changed from his cincinnati days. This is the same Bret Boone that after the steroids policy was put in place, has fallen from the face of the earth as a player and will probably contemplate retirement. This is the same player who has been released twice this year by two different baseball clubs. Bret Boone and Steroids used maybe linked.

I don't mind the fact that the info was kept private until after all the fan fare of 3,000 and the HOF inductions simply b/c of the fact that he had a lot more to lose than say Juan Rincon. If you heard the conf call, he stated that he would be an idiot to willingly take them after the Congress hearing and all. I say he was hitting just above .200 in early May and there were rumors circulating that he was going to be benched. Not good for a person trying to get to 3,000 hits. Hmm, tests positive in May, numbers explode in May??? Coincidence?

Its tough, but I don't think its fair to throw Bret Boone under the steroid bus. He is just like a few other players who will forever be linked to roids since he prospered so well statistically and finacially during the roid era. Could it be that he is 36 years old?? I don't think he did that well last year, so his production was already dropping off. You can't discount the roids link, but at where do you start/stop with the Roid Tag?

I think anyone whose number's have a tremendous outburst when we know he is not the type of player has to trigger something. Boone falls into this... Pitchers couldn't get this guy out for two years and now he is an automatic out. I think the relationship of age vs performance is something that we all used gague baseball players. We saw for a number of years that as players get olders their stats were dropping. Then out of sudden, the trend stopped and now we are seeing guys still banging at the numbers as they become older. Does steroid has something to do with it?

The joke was great, it was the commentary on the lying sack of sh*t that I thought was political.

No big deal.... :D

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A House committee chairman said Sunday he expects to have all of Major League Baseball's drug testing records for Rafael Palmeiro by the end of the week as the panel steps up its perjury investigation of the Baltimore Oriole's star outfielder.

Source

`Roids Void Palmeiro for Hall of Fame, Baseball Writers Say

By E&P Staff

Published: August 11, 2005 9:58 AM ET

NEW YORK A survey of eight leading baseball reporters -- who also happen to be voters for the annual Hall of Fame induction -- finds that most now oppose enshrinement for steroid-tainted slugger Rafael Palmeiro.

Sports Weekly found five saying No, two for Yes, and one big Maybe. Jon Heyman of Newsday was perhaps most emphatic in his response, which echoed the slugger's testimony before Congress earlier this year: “I will never vote for Rafael Palmeiro for the Hall of Fame. Never. Ever. Period.”

Until he tested positive for a steroid, and was suspended for 10 days recently, Palmeiro's track record (more than 500 home runs and more than 3,000 hits) seemed to almost guarantee the Hall of Fame nod.

Another No came from Hal Bodley of USA Today: “He's let me down. More important, he's let baseball down.”

Bill Madden of the New York Daily News agreed, citing the ballot rule that instructs voters to consider a player's “integrity.” Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle also cited “character issues.”

The Yes votes came from Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun, who said Palmeiro could not have been the only one who has cheated, and Jayson Stark of ESPN, who said he'd back him on the first ballot, no less. Tom Verducci said Maybe, saying a lot could change in a few years.

source

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Red Sox pitcher David Wells said Thursday that a lie detector test may be the best method to show when Rafael Palmeiro used steroids. He also said Palmeiro's accomplishments should be removed from baseball's record books if he used them for a while.

"The best way to solve it is probably a lie detector test and put him on it and say, 'How long have you been doing it, when did you take them, for what part of your career?" Wells said on WSKO radio in Providence.

"If he's been doing it a while, then go ahead and erase [his accomplishments]. It's a shame to do it, but you know you have to do it."

His remarks came one day after his Boston teammate, Curt Schilling, said on WEEI radio in Boston that Palmeiro has "no credibility" to talk about steroids, and the Baltimore first baseman's achievements should be wiped from the record books. Those remarks echo those of Washington Nationals manager Frank Robinson, who hit 568 homers.

Rafael Palmeiro has turned to earplugs as he tries to end his slump.

Booed frequently and not hitting at all, Palmeiro is struggling so much that interim manager Sam Perlozzo implied on Monday that Palmeiro had lost his starting first base job.

Palmeiro has just two hits in 26 at-bats since a 10-day suspension for testing positive for steroids. He has been a target of boos, and decided to try earplugs while going 0-for-4 as Baltimore lost, 7-2, lost Tuesday in Toronto.

"You want to be accepted by people," Orioles teammate Brian Roberts said. "For 99 percent of his career, he has been and for that to completely change now, I think is something I don't know if any of us can comprehend what he's going through. By his expressions, you can tell that it is definitely beating him up."

Palmeiro struck out swinging in the first, popped out weakly to the pitcher in the fourth, lined out to first base in the sixth and took a called third strike in the eighth. His batting average has dropped from .280 at the time of his suspension to .266.

Toronto manager John Gibbons said he never wore earplugs. "I wasn't good enough to need them," Gibbons said.

Baltimore has lost five straight.

Athletics 2, Angels 1 The Los Angeles Angels got a superb start from ace Bartolo Colon, but their slumping hitters couldn't do much against the A's ace, Barry Zito.

Bobby Kielty's homer off Francisco Rodriguez leading off the 11th inning helped Oakland beat visiting Los Angeles and sent the Angels to their fifth straight loss.

Oakland has won seven straight to open a season-high two-game lead in the division over Los Angeles which has scored only 13 runs during its skid - eight came in one game - and they have lost consecutive games by 2-1 scores.

Zito gave up only three hits, walked two and struck out nine in nine innings, with one of the hits Robb Quinlan's solo homer in the eighth. Colon allowed six hits, walked one and struck out three in his 9 1-3 inning stint.

Red Sox 7, Devil Rays 6 Trot Nixon singled in the winning run with two outs in the ninth, completing Boston's rally from a five-run deficit.

Making his first start at Fenway since April, Curt Schilling gave up five runs in the first two innings before settling down with four scoreless innings.

In the National League:

Mets 6, Phillies 4 Ramon Castro set off a celebration at Shea Stadium, capping a New York comeback that tightened the NL wild-card race even more.

Castro's three-run homer in the eighth inning helped the Mets rally from a three-run deficit against Philadelphia.

The Mets closed within a half-game of Philadelphia and Florida (70-62), which are tied for the NL wild-card lead following the Marlins' 7-6 victory over St. Louis.

Houston beat Cincinnati, 5-2, and is tied with the Mets at 69-62. Washington beat Atlanta, 3-2, and is 1½ games out at 68-63.

Kenny Lofton hit his first homer since opening day and Pat Burrell added a two-run shot in the first. Carlos Beltran drove in two runs for the Mets with his 14th homer and a fifth-inning single.

Padres 5, Diamondbacks 3 Joe Randa hit a go-ahead homer leading off the sixth at San Diego. Brian Giles had a three-run shot in the first for the Padres, who took a 5½-game lead in the NL West. San Diego is one game under .500 (65-66), the latest in a season a team has led a division with a losing record.

Jake Peavy (12-6) beat the Diamondbacks a day after cutting his left, nonthrowing, hand while stuffing a bag of trash into a garbage can, requiring a couple of stitches and a tetanus shot. He allowed Troy Glaus's two-run homer and Luis Gonzalez's solo shot.

Rafael Palmeiro has turned to earplugs as he tries to end his slump.

Booed frequently and not hitting at all, Palmeiro is struggling so much that interim manager Sam Perlozzo implied on Monday that Palmeiro had lost his starting first base job.

Palmeiro has just two hits in 26 at-bats since a 10-day suspension for testing positive for steroids. He has been a target of boos, and decided to try earplugs while going 0-for-4 as Baltimore lost, 7-2, lost Tuesday in Toronto.

"You want to be accepted by people," Orioles teammate Brian Roberts said. "For 99 percent of his career, he has been and for that to completely change now, I think is something I don't know if any of us can comprehend what he's going through. By his expressions, you can tell that it is definitely beating him up."

Palmeiro struck out swinging in the first, popped out weakly to the pitcher in the fourth, lined out to first base in the sixth and took a called third strike in the eighth. His batting average has dropped from .280 at the time of his suspension to .266

Isnt it obvious that SOSA was on them too and lied before congress? Look at his season before the hearings and look at his batting now.

charper1 said:
Not that it isn't true, BUT he was already in a major 3 year stat slump!

I think it's related to where they both play. Too much of Boog's BBQ which wouldn't be far from Sosa in RF. Heh Heh Heh...

Seriously, both of these guys are obviously past their prime. I also think it takes a toll when you aren't a fan favorite anymore as Sean referenced in the article he posted. I am not even talking about the BS that got him traded from the Cubs. I am thinking that his empire began to crumble as soon as the cork popped out of his bat which would fit closely to Charp's theory. It has to be a tremendous ego hit to not be cheered anymore and you have to think that these guys are pressing twice as hard to do better with diminished skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts