Flashing Banner on 1 channel

tee

Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I have the 811 receiver and noticed a few of days ago (Tuesday?) that when I tune to either of my OTA PBS digital channels, 25-01 and 25-02 in Huntsville, AL, once the receiver locks on to the channel (about 1 second or less), the Dish Network channel banner starts flashing. There is no audio or video. The digital PBS channels are the only channels this happens on.

While it is locking on to the station, the banner displays the mapped channel assignment, 25-01 or 25-02, but when the banner starts flashing, it switches to the actual broadcast channel, 24-01 or 24-02. Don't know if that is a clue or not.

If I don't hit channel up, down, or Guide within a couple of seconds after the banner starts flashing, the buttons on the front of the receiver and the remote have no effect and the receiver has to be rebooted manually.

I have noticed that once the banner starts flashing, if I hit Guide, the audio and video display and play in the upper right quadrant of the screen. Once out of the Guide, the banner starts flashing again and the audio and video are gone.

I called Dish Network support and they have not heard of this (I expected that).

I have removed the PBS digital channels and rescanned, but to no avail.

Also, last night I noticed all my analog stations appeared to have a transparent vertical lines in the picture. It is hard to describe, but if you were to look at a horizontal line, it would not be smooth all the way across. Instead, it would have small gaps that make it appear as if it is broken up into tiny segments. Two reboots fixed this, but I am wondering if it will come back.

Anybody else with an 811 seen this? I know software upgrade P282 is rolling now, so maybe it will take care of it once I get it. Just wanted to see if this is just my box or what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)