GEOSATpro Flashing Video - C and ku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Which receiver model? If microHD does this happen on HDMI and composite out?

Yep I had one the other day go bad. Changed the cable and all is well.

Thanks. Called away unexpectedly. Will switch out the cable when I get back and post results.

Joe

Well, back home now and did some checking.

Replaced hdmi cable with an unused new one. No change.
Resolution set to 1080i (but checked others). Still flashing.
Now for the strange one.
I have flashing video on about half of the channels in the ION mux at 3840mhz on the AMC1 bird. The others in the mux are fine. When checking the signal, I get strong Signal and Quality on all channels. But on the Signal screen there are 10 vertical bars as well as the horizontal Signal and Quality bars. Only 2 of the 10 vertical bars are shown for the flashing channels.wheras all 10 of the bars are lit up for the non-flashing video channels. ????????? Differences on the same frequency? When I check elsewhere on other birds, I see the same thing on the Signal screen, Flashing-only 2 bars, Steady-all 10 bars.

BTW, when I say "flashing", I don't mean pixellated or a weak picture. It is a good, strong video but only for a split second, then black, repeating.

Is the STB a goner? Bad tuner?

If so, suggestions for a replacement?

Joe

When checking the signal, I get strong Signal and Quality on all channels. But on the Signal screen there are 10 vertical bars as well as the horizontal Signal and Quality bars. Only 2 of the 10 vertical bars are shown for the flashing channels.wheras all 10 of the bars are lit up for the non-flashing video channels. ????????? Differences on the same frequency? When I check elsewhere on other birds, I see the same thing on the Signal screen, Flashing-only 2 bars, Steady-all 10 bars.

I recognize this. Just re-scan the transponder and all will be OK.

There will have been some change in the transponder that causes that. I've had it several times.

Reactions: sgs
I recognize this. Just re-scan the transponder and all will be OK.

There will have been some change in the transponder that causes that. I've had it several times.

Martyn, you hit the problem right on. Thanks. Been away for a few weeks. When I got back, I rescanned a problem transponder. Bingo. No flashing video. Had the problem on a number of transponders/satellites. Rescanned as required to get good video again. Now I have to go back and edit the channel names. If it happens frequently, I'm going to scrap this receiver and buy another brand.. Solution worked but still a PITA.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)