Flat out whats the deal with V.O.D.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

McVey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I did a search and couldn't find the awnser. Im kind of out of the loop on this, but i have seen some people that have V.O.D WORKING on there hr20. What do I need to do to get vod. I think this is a really awsome feature and have been waiting 2 years for it. All the help is greatly appreciated!!!!.

Just wait for the public release or if you like, you can participate in the Living on the Edge area. That provides more information about testing new software versions, risks and what is coming up for certain hardware.

Just wait for the public release or if you like, you can participate in the Living on the Edge area. That provides more information about testing new software versions, risks and what is coming up for certain hardware.
Ya waiting for the public release would be the easy way but couldn't that take a while?? Im itching for it now!

Ya waiting for the public release would be the easy way but couldn't that take a while?? Im itching for it now!

We all are, but scratching that itch won't help. The VOD intro was dorked up and very few CE'ers got it. There has been a lot of contention over this. And being a CE/LOE'er is not just about "getting your hands on it". The beta testing is designed to find problems...which seemed to be plentiful in the release/activation of VOD this time around.

Stay tuned...more good stuff is just around the corner.:D

They have pretty much fixed the glich, and anyone that has the latest CE for the HR20-700 and are networked wii have the beta soon.

Me either.. IF some nice Staff Member from Somewhere had of told us that this was the week it was going to be made active I would have been right there grabbing it.. But somebody (Not this staff) just failed to make it known.

Me either.. IF some nice Staff Member from Somewhere had of told us that this was the week it was going to be made active I would have been right there grabbing it.. But somebody (Not this staff) just failed to make it known.

OK, this is what Earl said about this. D* wanted to have the base code out there for a couple of days first to see how things were going with the normal HR20 functions before opening up the VOD function. He mentioned that the CE two weeks ago had the VOD code in it, but due to a number of problems reported with it the next CE version had the code backed out. That made sense because the size of the CE package two weeks ago was much larger then what had been seen before and then the next weeks code back to the normal size and then this past release was back to the larger size. D* was watching the issues reported on the Fri/Sat (0190) code and felt it was stable enough to say here's how to enable VOD. D* felt doing that was better then saying it's in this release, having some major problems which required a backout and then have folks yell about where VOD went.

I'm more mad at myself than I am at anyone else.. I usually get all the CE's. I was just Ho Hum about it this week and since no big deal was made about it, I didn't get excited enough about downloading the new one this week.. Serves me right. I can't blame it on anyone but me. But if someone had said it was even remotely possible that it would be made available I would not have missed it for anything.. Besides, all I have is a showroom unit and I am not even sure I would be able to use it on that.

The announcements usually come on Thurs or Fri. Earl has been rather busy this week so the notice will probably come late, if at all. The other thing to consider is the guys that work at DirecTV have spent the last three days trying to get those with 190 activated. There may be no update to the software this weekend because everybody working the CE has been excessivly busy. Don't get too upset if there is no CE this weekend. It would be completely understandable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)