Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

If it takes 20 minutes worth of electricity to make 1 donut or 40 donuts, but you can sell 1 or 40, it would go to show that it is cheaper to make 40 as the electricity can be split amongst 40 sells, whereas that same amount of cost would need to be recovered through selling just 1.
Again its not costing him anything over providing 200 channels or 50.
Its costing you more money to have less , and making him more money in the process.

But you keep thinking that Charlie is actually cutting you a break, and he's taking less profit.
I'll stick with he's a Gambler and a Billionaire Business man.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Let's see. There's still satellites in the sky that have a cost to maintain, there are still employees to pay, rent to pay, and many others that are split acrossed subscription packages. If you don't do the same at your restaurant, you're either overcharging for your food/service already, or a very very dumb businessman.

Reactions: STDog
Let's see. There's still satellites in the sky that have a cost to maintain, there are still employees to pay, rent to pay, and many others that are split acrossed subscription packages. If you don't do the same at your restaurant, you're either overcharging for your food/service already, or a very very dumb businessman.
And there's the Flip.
So you do admit Flex is far more Profitable business for Charlie...
Clearly it is.
Just look at the numbers.
You pay less, but he makes more money per channel.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

He found a way to make the networks Happy by putting them in the lowest package.
Definitely no complaints from them Im sure.
And he can charge you more per channel.
Which I might add, are still bundle packs picked by Charlie.

Just wait... This is just the beginning.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

And there's the Flip.
So you do admit Flex is far more Profitable business for Charlie...
Clearly it is.
Just look at the numbers.
You pay less, but he makes more money per channel.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I'm guessing Flex packs are far less profitable, since bunches of folks are now sending him $20-$40 less per month, and he's still got to supply a bundle and pay for all the channels.

1 donut is far more expensive to make than 12 (if more people don't want 12).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Again its not costing him anything over providing 200 channels or 50.
Its costing you more money to have less , and making him more money in the process.

But you keep thinking that Charlie is actually cutting you a break, and he's taking less profit.
I'll stick with he's a Gambler and a Billionaire Business man.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You're assuming facts not in evidence. Do you think they did the Flex Pack all on their own, without some agreement with those content providers for a slim pack? So possibly he pays more per sub to the Flex Packages than he does for the standard packages.

Neither you nor I actually know. The main difference in this between you and me, is I know I don't know, and you think you do! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Flex packs are far less profitable, since bunches of folks are now sending him $20-$40 less per month, and he's still got to supply a bundle and pay for all the channels.

1 donut is far more expensive to make than 12 (if more people don't want 12).

I doubt the Flex pack even has many subscribers to begin with.
Most customer wouldn't waste $40 on that nonsense package.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

He found a way to make the networks Happy by putting them in the lowest package.
Definitely no complaints from them Im sure.
And he can charge you more per channel.
Which I might add, are still bundle packs picked by Charlie.

Just wait... This is just the beginning.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I hope you are right and this is only the beginning of slim, flexible packages without shuffling charges.

I don't mind slim flexable packages, When I can pick them.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You can pick whichever package you want now. What you want is to be able to define each packages makeup and I doubt that will happen any time soon. And if it did, you really wouldn't like the per channel cost.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

BS! The base Flex Pack has almost every major cable type channel in it. I think it will become very popular.

If it takes 20 minutes worth of electricity to make 1 donut or 40 donuts, but you can sell 1 or 40, it would go to show that it is cheaper to make 40 as the electricity can be split amongst 40 sells, whereas that same amount of cost would need to be recovered through selling just 1.
He's just trying to support an unsupportable position. The cost per channel is a red herring. The cost of each channel makes no difference, it's the choice of the cost the consumer must pay per month and still get what they want. Either it's a value to them or it's not. The Donut comparison is right on, do I pay $9.00 for a dozen @75 cents each, always eat five or six of them and throw away the rest, or pay $5 or $6 @ $1.00 each. Actual prices at donut shop here. Or are the Donut shops and most any business ripping off all the consumers too. Even worse for Pay TV you can't pick which 12 donuts it's a pre packaged assortment, the same everytime and you only like five or six of them. And on top of that the baker (DISH) can't just do what they want they need contracts signed by the people who make the ingredients to allow the baker to make the different donuts and put them in packages.
Why would I pay $9 every time I go instead of paying $5 or $6 and still be getting what I want? Most people do not - by far most do not get the dozen they buy a few at a higher cost per donut unless the believe most will be eaten often for special occasions.

Every channel I really watch is in my basic FLEX pack with the exception of BBC AMERICA and MTV. The 3 shows I do watch on those two channels I can buy full seasons on Amazon Prime. I don't really need Kiddie channels- my son is 16 now , so that is a savings of $10.00. I don't watch the Variety channels like FREE FORM I save $6.00. I never EVER watch any kind of sports- that is a savings of $10.00 - $20.00 depending on what type of sports nut you might be. This is as close to ala cart as you can get right now and I don't have to pay for channels I never watch . This allows me to add the DISH Movie pack at $5.00 for 6 months and the HBO for the $10.00 price. So my bill was around $145.75 with tax the month before the Flex pack and now it is around $106.52 with taxes and dvr & additional receiver fees . I don't know about you, but that is like $39.23 savings over the top 200 pack +HBO+dvr & additional receiver fees. Now if I had to watch every channel in the top 200 pack + Xm channels ,the FLEX pack would make no sense to me. But either option remains if I do want it. It is all about choices. :yes

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tampa8

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I wouldn't waste $40 on the remaining channels (T200 minus Flex channels), or $50 on T250 minutes Flex. I could easily afford the Everything bundle, but Flex has what I watch (except 2 channels, that I don't miss). Flex is much cheaper than I thought it would be, just not nearly as flexible. I think once "everyone" really looks at it I'm thinking 50% off their customers will be on Flex. Will be interesting to see the stats a year from now.

Reactions: Tampa8
Every channel I really watch is in my basic FLEX pack with the exception of BBC AMERICA and MTV. The 3 shows I do watch on those two channels I can buy full seasons on Amazon Prime. I don't really need Kiddie channels- my son is 16 now , so that is a savings of $10.00. I don't watch the Variety channels like FREE FORM I save $6.00. I never EVER watch any kind of sports- that is a savings of $10.00 - $20.00 depending on what type of sports nut you might be. This is as close to ala cart as you can get right now and I don't have to pay for channels I never watch . This allows me to add the DISH Movie pack at $5.00 for 6 months and the HBO for the $10.00 price. So my bill was around $145.75 with tax the month before the Flex pack and now it is around $106.52 with taxes and dvr & additional receiver fees . I don't know about you, but that is like $39.23 savings over the top 200 pack +HBO+dvr & additional receiver fees. Now if I had to watch every channel in the top 200 pack + Xm channels ,the FLEX pack would make no sense to me. But either option remains if I do want it. It is all about choices. :yes

You bring up a good point. Likely some others who were thinking of dropping HBO or some other premium could now still save money and keep those.

I wouldn't waste $40 on the remaining channels (T200 minus Flex channels), or $50 on T250 minutes Flex. I could easily afford the Everything bundle, but Flex has what I watch (except 2 channels, that I don't miss). Flex is much cheaper than I thought it would be, just not nearly as flexible. I think once "everyone" really looks at it I'm thinking 50% off their customers will be on Flex. Will be interesting to see the stats a year from now.

Maybe give the flexibility part a little time. Eventually add ons may be fine tuned.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)