Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

It was more a tongue in cheek comment. I could opt for their EZ plan where I pay the same monthly cost no matter how much I use, based on the last 3 years of use average.

If it takes 20 minutes worth of electricity to make 1 donut or 40 donuts, but you can sell 1 or 40, it would go to show that it is cheaper to make 40 as the electricity can be split amongst 40 sells, whereas that same amount of cost would need to be recovered through selling just 1.

That is why I put the "plus fixed expenses". You not only have labor, but insurance, rent, equipment, etc. All of these are the same no matter if one donut or 1000 donuts are sold. Unless someone has run a business, they don't understand.

In the end, if you offer people what they want at a lower price, the customer doesn't care how money you make.

Reactions: Tampa8
Again its not costing him anything over providing 200 channels or 50.

Yes it is on a per channel basis. Say Dish's overhead is $5.00 per customer. If you purchase 50 channels, that overhead is $0.10 per channel. If you purchase 200 channels, the overhead expense is $0.025 per channel. So you have to charge more per channel for fewer channels just to cover overhead.

Reactions: ChadT41
That is why I put the "plus fixed expenses". You not only have labor, but insurance, rent, equipment, etc. All of these are the same no matter if one donut or 1000 donuts are sold. Unless someone has run a business, they don't understand.

In the end, if you offer people what they want at a lower price, the customer doesn't care how money you make.
Oh I agreed. I said the same thing earlier, but a certain somebody that loves to argue tried to argue the point. I like your overhead explanation. It's dead on.

Reactions: STDog and HobbyTalk
I think Dish should drop the Flex plan(s) since Troch has so much of an issue with them that he just can't let it go.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I don't want them to drop it, It should just be more Flexible for what they are charging when you start adding the packs on.
Thats all.
If I add Flex with locals, and the 3 packs we would need, I'm only saving $3 but yet missing quite a few channels that we actually watch...
And there is no way to get them.

Hopefully that will change.
And great for the people this works for.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The package isn't for you. Period.

You want the "Troch77 Package" and it doesn't exist.

Exactly. The STDog pack doesn't exist either (close, but not quite). The best I can do and keep the family happy would take locals and 3 other packs, and that still misses some like-to-haves and some I watch that they don't.

Oh well. I'll keep watching for changes in the channels in each pack and new packs.

Going through this did show me to drop the Movie Pack we weren't actually watching anymore.

Reactions: Troch77
I want the Customers Choice package.
Not the Charlie's Choice Package.
We've already have and had these packages for years.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
There's always the "Find something else that makes you happy and Move On Pack" No charge. No contracts!

Reactions: STDog
I search and search and read this thread all again.
Soon confused.
Is it true that if want the new BBC News Channels I can't get it with any of the Top 120 200 or 250 or everything pack
I CANT GET IT?
I need to drop down to these flex packs, with less channels even if I get all the packs?
Is this true?

You can get BBC World News with the Top 120 and Top 200 pack,
But you have to subscribe to the News pack.
Its $10.

Top 250 only allows Outdoor pack and Heartland pack ad ons.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobvick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts