Flex Pack only channels coming to AT250??

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I was noticing today that on the Dish Anywhere app on my iPad, the guide is now showing BBC World, BET Gospel, BET Soul, CMT Music, BET Jams, MTVU, and NickMusic.
When I try to tune the channels on my receivers, it still shows unsubscribed, but the channels are showing in the guide on the app.
I was wondering if anyone else that has AT250 is seeing this.
I wonder if they could soon be coming to AT250 since there is a rumor that FlexPack may be going away.

Reactions: LunarRose
I was noticing today that on the Dish Anywhere app on my iPad, the guide is now showing BBC World, BET Gospel, BET Soul, CMT Music, BET Jams, MTVU, and NickMusic.
When I try to tune the channels on my receivers, it still shows unsubscribed, but the channels are showing in the guide on the app.
I was wondering if anyone else that has AT250 is seeing this.
I wonder if they could soon be coming to AT250 since there is a rumor that FlexPack may be going away.

They have been in my guide since they began, in red. In Top 250 and in Top 200.

I should have been more specific, no in the Receiver guide.

What kind of receiver do you have? They don't even show up in the Hopper 3 guide, and they hadn't been showing up in the guide on the iOS app, but just began showing up a day or so ago. I just found it interesting.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

What kind of receiver do you have? They don't even show up in the Hopper 3 guide, and they hadn't been showing up in the guide on the iOS app, but just began showing up a day or so ago. I just found it interesting.

VIp 612 receiver. I looked again and they are all still there.

He mentioned the Flex Pack going away, nothing more. Anything beyond that is just speculation.

And I didn't say any more. All I stated was that he said there was a rumor that it MIGHT be going away. If that were the case, I was wondering if these previously FlexPack only channels showing in the iOS app guide might have been connected.

Reactions: TheKrell
Even that is speculation. Still no confirmation Dish is sun setting the Flex Package.
Yes, for those that didn't see your other post, I should have specified that it was a rumor you heard and passed on.

Interestingly, before the Flex Pack was made publicly available, the rep I spoke to on the phone said only people in her department could offer it at that point and part of the process was seeing how popular it could be or how much demand there could be for it. Then, weeks later, it was made available to everyone and Dish promoted it quite a bit through advertising. Now, less than a year later (??), there's possibly discussion of them dropping it already ? Doesn't make a lot of sense..... (insert comment about Dish's business operations logic now).

Yes, for those that didn't see your other post, I should have specified that it was a rumor you heard and passed on.

Interestingly, before the Flex Pack was made publicly available, the rep I spoke to on the phone said only people in her department could offer it at that point and part of the process was seeing how popular it could be or how much demand there could be for it. Then, weeks later, it was made available to everyone and Dish promoted it quite a bit through advertising. Now, less than a year later (??), there's possibly discussion of them dropping it already ? Doesn't make a lot of sense..... (insert comment about Dish's business operations logic now).
Well, I noticed that when word of Flex Pack first leaked out, it made a big splash on this site and other sites. Now that it is rumored to be going away, so far very few people have posted complaining about it. Perhaps that shows the popularity (or lack thereof) of Flex Pack, and further justifies Dish's reasoning in removing it. This could all be a calculated move by Dish. They float the idea of taking away Flex Pack, and then wait to see what the customer reaction / backlash will be. If few enough people complain, then Dish goes ahead and ends Flex Pack. If there are too many complaints, then Dish says that they were never considering ending Flex Pack in the first place.

Well, I noticed that when word of Flex Pack first leaked out, it made a big splash on this site and other sites. Now that it is rumored to be going away, so far very few people have posted complaining about it. Perhaps that shows the popularity (or lack thereof) of Flex Pack, and further justifies Dish's reasoning in removing it. This could all be a calculated move by Dish. They float the idea of taking away Flex Pack, and then wait to see what the customer reaction / backlash will be. If few enough people complain, then Dish goes ahead and ends Flex Pack. If there are too many complaints, then Dish says that they were never considering ending Flex Pack in the first place.
You sure you don't work in government? That sounds like something we used to do in State government ,in the state corrections department.:biggrin

You sure you don't work in government? That sounds like something we used to do in State government ,in the state corrections department.:biggrin
I just remember the fury on this site when it was leaked that Dish was planning to raise the Hopper DVR fee from $10 to $14 and the Additional Hopper fee from $7 each to $14 each. There was so much backlash, and then Dish announced that those fees were "only" going up to $12 each, and there would be temporary loyalty credits to offset the increase, making us think that we had "won," even though it was still an increase in the long run. The idea was floated at that time that the proposed $14 rate had been a "trial balloon" to see how customers would react. Since then, everyone calmed down, and now those fees are $15 each, which is higher than the rate that had originally caused so much outrage. Of course, Dish learned their lesson and started grandfathering existing DVR customers at the old rate every time the rate has increased since then.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I just remember the fury on this site when it was leaked that Dish was planning to raise the Hopper DVR fee from $10 to $14 and the Additional Hopper fee from $7 each to $14 each. There was so much backlash, and then Dish announced that those fees were "only" going up to $12 each, and there would be temporary loyalty credits to offset the increase, making us think that we had "won," even though it was still an increase in the long run. The idea was floated at that time that the proposed $14 rate had been a "trial balloon" to see how customers would react. Since then, everyone calmed down, and now those fees are $15 each, which is higher than the rate that had originally caused so much outrage. Of course, Dish learned their lesson and started grandfathering existing DVR customers at the old rate every time the rate has increased since then.
Yes, I remember that time ,because I was one of those outraged over the hopper fee increase from $7.00 - $10.00 for an additional receiver fee after I just added a second hopper to my home. They then hiked the price again two more times. I had to lose the second hopper after that increase. This was the same trick they pulled on the 722k in 2010 when they decided to add an additional receiver fee of $17.00 for a second 722k on your account. I had 3 of those dvrs in my home at the time and that would of added like another $24.00 a month to my bill to do what I was doing for $12.00 before. Hd receivers used to be $6.00 each and Sd receivers used to be $5.00 before 2010. When ever DISH starts hiking their FEES , it always pisses off me. But after 20 years with DISH , I see that it is a race between the programmers, who hike their fees for carriage and DISH who also hikes their fees, that they make up and charge because they can , leaving the customer to pay for all the increases . And DISH wonders why they lose so many subs each quarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)