Flex Pack total cost, discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emanresu2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I am wondering if I could get a breakdown of total cost for Flex Pack, with DVR and locals, one receiver only, then possibly the cost to add a second (but probably wouldn't do that). Just a rough estimation, I'm in Nebr. I did a search and didn't see anything recent, probably missed it. Things like added receiver/DVR fees, regional sports fees, etc. without having to give Dish my info first. Thanks.

tl;dr
Currently have Directv after having Dish 12? or so years ending about 2011, and C-band before that. I've been "arguing" with Direct every year to get it to $60 or less. This year looks like it's hit or miss according to the forums, haven't done it yet, so I'm looking at options in negotiations, if they won't deal, it's cancelled and I'll switch. This is mostly for my 83 year old mother that can't do much but watch tv. She watches mostly the History Channel, Discovery, DIY, and the locals (can't get with an antenna by any means, no towers in range of boosted antenna on tower, just PBS). And the only internet available is Verizon Wireless or satellite, although I do have a plan for Verizon that works. None of the streaming packages match what she watches. Youtube TV misses History, add in another like Philo for that and the cost is about what Dish is (plus adds another service to figure out for her). Hulu Live doesn't really work practically if you don't have access to a fixed home connection, they use that for local eligibility. Sling TV doesn't include locals (if the plain services like Hulu or Netflix did, I'd consider them instead). Etc.

Snapshot of bill attached. Sweetie wants the Hallmark channels, hence the Heartland Pack. I get locals OTA, but adding the local pack adds $12. I live in Missouri, so the taxes might be slightly different.

Bottom line for you: $37.99 + $15.00 + $12.00 + tax.

1578858703390.png

Snapshot of bill attached. ...
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

And don't forget that Flex Pack went up $5.00 now
I had looked a little and saw that beforehand. I kind of figured before I looked it would have anyway since it's January....

If you only want one TV, you might want to consider the Wally. If you add an external hard drive and pay $40 for Dish to activate the feature, you'll save the DVR fees each month.

I did that when I bought my vip211k. A single guy and the OTA tuner, and DVR free. I just pay for programming.

Thank you, I am pretty sure that's the way I'd go then. Haven't been following Dish features for a while and hadn't seen that. I'll look into it.

Thanks all. I'm paid for this month, invoice came today..., so I'll get it done sometime. If I get Direct down to about $60 with fees, I'll stay, makes it easier for her for now not learning new things, but much over that I won't. I haven't been looking forward to it so I've been putting it off, plus MANY things going on.

Reactions: dishdude
*digging*

Trying to stop derailing the price increase thread with Flex stuff. So dug up this thread.

So, Flex, one thing I was surprised about was OTA via antenna signal recording (without locals pack). I can only record one program OTA at a time, and can't view OTA channels if I'm recording, ie there is only one OTA tuner. I thought the 722k OTA module was a two tuner.

Reactions: charlesrshell
*digging*

Trying to stop derailing the price increase thread with Flex stuff. So dug up this thread.

So, Flex, one thing I was surprised about was OTA via antenna signal recording (without locals pack). I can only record one program OTA at a time, and can't view OTA channels if I'm recording, ie there is only one OTA tuner. I thought the 722k OTA module was a two tuner.

Now that's weird...what happens if you put the 722k into solo mode?

*digging*

The 722K with a MT2 module does, indeed, have 2 tuners. I have seen some posts, through google, that reflect some instances of the 722K not being able to record or view more than one tuner. They were pretty old posts and not on this website. I don't have an answer but I thought I'd add this perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts