floating dish logo? (1 Viewer)

bnewt

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
1,207
239
Shepherdsville, Ky
The floating dish network logo appears on tv2 when the unit is not active, but does not on tv1. Should it appear on both? Both tuners are connected to the tv's via coax & the receiver is in dual mode.
 

bnewt

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
1,207
239
Shepherdsville, Ky
If I am not seeing the logo on tv1..............does that mean the receiver is defective? When in use, I hear an awful lot of grinding, even when not recording.
 

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
16,214
3,947
Norris, TN
What is the model number of your receiver? The "grinding" you hear is probably just the hard drive spinning (assuming you have a DVR).
 

bnewt

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
1,207
239
Shepherdsville, Ky
gdarwin said:
I'm on coax on tv2 and get it on both.

How do you have tuner 1 connected?

I have both tv1 & tv2 connected to my tv via coax. I have the composite cables from tv1 running to my dvd recorder. When tuned to the dvd recorder input on the tv, I also see the dish logo on tv1 but not when viewing the direct connect coax.
 

bnewt

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
1,207
239
Shepherdsville, Ky
lakebum431 said:
What is the model number of your receiver? The "grinding" you hear is probably just the hard drive spinning (assuming you have a DVR).


It is the 625. Yes it is the hard drive...........or should I say was. It was a clunker & when using the dvr functions caused it to shut off. It has since been replaced, but this unit seems to be a little more noisy than the 1st one, even though it died.
 

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
4,297
109
Lousville, KY
bnewt said:
How do you have tuner 1 connected?

I have both tv1 & tv2 connected to my tv via coax. I have the composite cables from tv1 running to my dvd recorder. When tuned to the dvd recorder input on the tv, I also see the dish logo on tv1 but not when viewing the direct connect coax.

component
 

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
9,316
1
Virginia Beach
bnewt said:
It is the 625. Yes it is the hard drive...........or should I say was. It was a clunker & when using the dvr functions caused it to shut off. It has since been replaced, but this unit seems to be a little more noisy than the 1st one, even though it died.

Call up dish and request a replacement due to noise from the hard drive / fan, if they start balking at it tell them that it is keeping you from sleeping at night. I actually dont ever remember seeing the floater on tv 1 on the 625 on any service call Ive been on but there is an option to enable it within the menue system for tv2 but I dont remember about tv 1.
 

gyppo

Member
Jul 1, 2005
10
0
Davis, CA
An earlier poster is correctly. The floating dish logo seems to always be on tv2. On tv1, it doesn't appear to show on the coax output. I have two inputs to my television that runs off of the tv1 tuner - one is coax direct into my tv from the 625, the other is the s-video out to my 625 into my amplifier then into my tv's s-video input. When the cable box is off, if I switch my tv between the coax input and the s-video input, I see the floater on the s-video input but not the coax one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top