Food Network HD display problems

mrsnak

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
California
Any ideas why some Food Network shows like Aces of Cakes and Iron Chef do not convert to the proper aspect ratio in HD?

The HD commercials display full screen and correctly, but the shows themselves are compressed top and bottom in a way that cannot be manually adjusted without cropping the picture or losing the sharper picture.

These displayed properly when I had DirectTV.

Any ideas why some Food Network shows like Aces of Cakes and Iron Chef do not convert to the proper aspect ratio in HD?

The HD commercials display full screen and correctly, but the shows themselves are compressed top and bottom in a way that cannot be manually adjusted without cropping the picture or losing the sharper picture.

No they didn't display properly with DirectTV. You were just lucky to see the non-stretched versions of those shows. If the commercials are correct, then the problem is Food Network's stretch-o-vision.

Top and Bottom? What I see in the shows I watch on Food Network is that the center is fine, but the left and right sides s-t-r-e-t-c-h out. Annoying. But I love the programming.

They are the same way on every provider. It just depends on how they choose to air the episodes. Food Network stretches all SD programming even if it is letterboxed. The newer episodes are truly in HD.

Ah, Food Network. Still doing that are they?

I haven't watched in quite a while. Stretch-o-vision gives me a headache. And Food Network was the inspiration for me purchasing the domain name (stretchovision.com) as an outlet for my useless rants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts