Food Network/HGTV in HD

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Got word today, Food Network and HGTV HD will be launching on November 28th, that is if all goes as planned.....HGTV in HD..wahooo:confused:

Aside from ESPN2HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies there aren't many HD channels out there that we don't have that are going to excite most people. Frankly, as long as they keep adding HD I'll be happy.

Exactly - at least HDNet/Movies, as I'm guessing there is some sort of carriage agreeement for the ESPN channels that they are waiting for renewal before they add ESPN2HD.

More HD of any type is certainly great.

However, sports fans won't be satisfied until the rest of the ESPN's are added in HD, and we at least have the ability to choose to get the NFL network (in HD), so we don't miss more "nationally televised" games.

Understood that those are contractual issues, not technical ones, but, in the end the effect is the same - CV customers don't get these services in HD (or at all). ...Which is unfortunate.

They are now running banner ads on the digital guide channel that say on 11/29/07 HGTV-HD will be added on channel 730 and FOOD-HD will be added on channel 766. Both will be part of Family Cable and will require a HD box or Cablecard.

Finally check on these last night & Yorktown (Upper Westchester County) has them.

My wife was thrilled about Food Network HD :D

THe guide info is on the channel this morning. They were probably waiting for eveyone to get the channel before fixing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)