FoodHD and HGTVHD to begin simulcasts March 31

pjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
HGTV & Food Network to Simulcast In HDTV

This makes me happier with these channels. I prefer the channels that simulcast.

Washington, D.C. (March 10, 2008) -- Starting March 31, HGTV and Food Network will offer HD simulcasts of their standard-def channels.

For the past year, the two networks have offered dedicated high-def channels with different programming lineups than the standard-def lineups.

But Scripps Networks, which owns the two channels, says it wants to allow viewers to watch their favorite shows in high-def at the same time they are on in SD.

“We are moving from a wheel format to a full-blown simulcast because of affiliate and viewer demand,” said Hal Rosenberg, senior vice president at Scripps Networks. “The programming simulcast is not only great news for Food Network-HD and HGTV-HD viewers, it also gives our affiliates a new tool to help drive HD upgrades.”

Scripps says commercials will air at the same time on both the SD and HD feeds.

I prefer 24/7 HD channels. Based on what these channels do to non HD commercials and promos now, I think you can expect stretch-o-vision for the shows that aren't in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)