footprints and maps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barfo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
A few questions:

1. Digiblur, I love your maps, but I'm not sure that I understand the contours for 119. I live in the northeast fringe of the footprint, yet nicely within your green lines. Yet I need a 30 inch dish to get a good signal. Also, I have seen some other footprint maps for the same sat which puts my area within yellow lines, which fits more with my actual experiences. Finally, what is the source of your info? I notice that the maps are updated quite often.

2. Can someone explain, in not too technical terms, the somewhat odd shape of parts of the footprint? For example, there is a narrow but deep incursion into central Canada. Why?

3. Much to my delight, the footprint extends quite a distance towards the northeast and well outide the US border. Can someone explain this? My guess is that it is somewhat like shining a flashlight at a distant part of the floor, the spot of light becomes elongated. Is this a good analogy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)