Multiple external Hard drives update

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
What ever happened to this feature that was to be added back in August? I now have 3- 1 Tb drives that I need to swap and it would be nice to have a USB hub support. Maybe they do have it now but I have not tried it. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Typical Dish feature update promise by date. Late, late, late. And considering how they are working like mad to get the 922 out for release, I wouldn't count on this feature being added until after the new year.

What ever happened to this feature that was to be added back in August? I now have 3- 1 Tb drives that I need to swap and it would be nice to have a USB hub support. Maybe they do have it now but I have not tried it. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Well, the best way to find out IS to try it, don't you think? Then you tell us.

It doesn't work on a 622. Sometimes they release these new features on a few as in limited release so maybe it works on a 722k, I don't know. Beta testers of the 922 may be able to say if it is working on the 922.

Putting the external hdd on both back and front USB inputs, the first powered up takes priority and if you use something like the x10 remote power modules to control the external hdd's on/off, multiple hdd's going through a hub might work.

Yes, multiple drives connected to a USB hub will work - as long as only one is powered on at any time. Just power the current drive off, wait for and respond to the "disconnected" message, then turn the other one on.

Clever work around. If they don't add the feature, I might just do that, with the X-10 modules. I have a system now in my HT and I believe I have 4 numbers on the IR X-10 open. - Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts