For Scott and DIRT

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hey Scott,

If anyone hasn't noticed there are pages of threads of weird stuff happening in the new H3 and also in many places some have issues some don't. Those don't concern me as much as documenting REAL bugs that are reproducible and that most everyone is seeing.

Would it make sense to create two threads?

1. A thread titled (Reported and Documented Bugs/Fixes/Workarounds).
    This would be a thread that only you or Dirt can post to after you or someone confirms my number 2 suggestion.

2. A bug report thread that anyone that thinks there is a bug can report it, you can moderate and remove the posting if it gets promoted to the number 1 (Reported and Documented Bugs...) thread that only you can post to.

This way if someone reports a bug, someone else agrees, someone else agrees, you see it as well, you can just remove those reports or threads and promote the basic bug (e.g Delete works for Blue button or Recall button but not on the drop-down Watch/Delete list in the program description.
This way, if a bug is really there and noted, we don't have to read pages of basically the same stuff spread all over the board. We can just look to see if the bug is a known bug. No need to put a fix date, just that it's noted. That would serve to calm a lot of peoples nerves down I think.

Just a suggestion....

We are trying to do that now in the Hopper Public Beta Forum.

We may give that a shot when the next version U203? comes out. :D

Damn!!! You read my mind! I've had some pretty big help centers, call centers and development orgs report to me (I'm a CIO in real life) and it really helps if everyone is on the same page or has a single place to look. We found that SharePoint or TrackIt worked(s) pretty well in corporate life.

e.g. "Look at the SharePoint known bug list for this project, and if you can not see it then report it.
But, if you report it and it's already documented then we will take away your lunch!
:hungry " :bday:bday

But on this BB, it's the only way I can see to keep people from harping on the same thing.

Trust me it will be self policing because if a bug is reported that is on your bug list, there are plenty of out-spoken people here that will not hesitate tell the user "Idiot, did you read Bug List before you posted this!" :fencing

:amen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)