For those getting Dish network Robocalls

It wont work, you will opt out and they will just call you from another number. :)
Not in this situation:

"Within 90 days of the rules becoming official, telemarketers will have to implement the interactive mechanism that allows consumers to opt out of getting robocalls. "

"If after 90 days you get a robocall without an opt-out mechanism, or after 12 months you get a robocall you didn't consent to, your best bet is to complain directly to the FCC."

Again they will just change their number.

DISH isn't doing robo calling, its dealers (who are not allowed to robocall) doing the robo calling.

The law will make ZERO difference.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see those opting out having their number added to a list for other companies to robo call.

do not call list...its a wonderful thing
silent ring on a cell phone so when somebody calls all the time and you dont want the phone to ring......even better thing

How I stopped robocalls

When I got a VOIP phone system a couple of years ago, I got a new phone # that is not listed. This stopped all unwanted phone calls. No more calls from charities, politicians, or telemarketers that probably use the Do Not Call List as a source of phone #'s to call.

My prior phone # was on the federal Do Not Call List and yet I got similar telemarketer phone calls a couple of times a month that could not be stopped. The few times I did respond to telemarketer calls to point out I was on the Do Not Call List, they obviously did not care. Reporting their violations did not stop the calls. Also, charities and politicians are apparently allowed to call anyone they want. Asking them to stop was completely ineffective.

For me the effective solution was (1) a new unlisted phone #, (2) I did not list my new phone # on the Do Not Call List, and (3) I only give the new phone # to businesses and people that I want to be able to contact me. The robocallers don't call you if they don't know what your phone # is.

When I got a VOIP phone system a couple of years ago, I got a new phone # that is not listed. This stopped all unwanted phone calls. No more calls from charities, politicians, or telemarketers that probably use the Do Not Call List as a source of phone #'s to call.

My prior phone # was on the federal Do Not Call List and yet I got similar telemarketer phone calls a couple of times a month that could not be stopped. The few times I did respond to telemarketer calls to point out I was on the Do Not Call List, they obviously did not care. Reporting their violations did not stop the calls. Also, charities and politicians are apparently allowed to call anyone they want. Asking them to stop was completely ineffective.

For me the effective solution was (1) a new unlisted phone #, (2) I did not list my new phone # on the Do Not Call List, and (3) I only give the new phone # to businesses and people that I want to be able to contact me. The robocallers don't call you if they don't know what your phone # is.
unless they are just calling a sequence of numbers

I cut down on all our telemarketer calls (we have been on the DNC list since it started) by setting our AIO Printer's fax to answer after 3 rings. Worked quick, now that they think it is a fax number the calls have gone away.

I purchased a program called Magicall for my Motorola Q9h smartphone a couple years ago that allows me to block and dump a call so I never hear it ring and doesn't even go to voice mail if the number not in any of my phone lists or the list that I made for 8** numbers prefixes. Been well worth the money especially in an election year. If something is really important from a company they'll send me something in the mail.

Two very simple methods work for me:
-Anonymous call blocking. (If somebody blocks their caller ID, it's akin to covering the people when knocking on my door.)
-Not answering 800/877/866 numbers or ANY caller ID that I do not recognize. (Again, the door analogy. I'm not going to open my door to somebody that is trying to sell me something, or doesn't identify themselves.)

I am also on the do-not-call list. So, that probably helps to begin with.