For those that care....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I just updated the OS on the apache / vBulletin host from FreeBSD 6.2 to FreeBSD 6.3. This brings in a years worth of maintenance and upgrades, etc.

This should help stability.

Wow... FreeBSD is still around? I used that over at my old old job as a nameserver. We wound up going to RedHat because we were told FreeBSD was being phased out so we would no longer receive support... guess not.

Wow... FreeBSD is still around? I used that over at my old old job as a nameserver. We wound up going to RedHat because we were told FreeBSD was being phased out so we would no longer receive support... guess not.
Actually, FreeBSD 7 is the current production release, and I intend to get there this weekend or next here. The FreeBSD project (The FreeBSD Project) is working on FreeBSD 8.

FreeBSD is my OS of choice, due to the way they engineer releases, and the FreeBSD ports collection ROCKS! (I'm the maintainer of a few ports).

Apple OS is freebsd based ( Open Source ). So, yeah FreeBSD is around more than one would think.

FreeBSD is also a lot more secure then other Unix packages. There have been a number of Linux exploits recently but our FREEBSD was not effected. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts