For those who want to get the sling adapter for free...

Did they give you any reason why they aren't making it available to existing subs?why wont you be able to get it for the 922 when i want hd for tv 2?

Your VIP receiver has to be hooked to the internet and you have to have wifi available at the location that you intend to use the sling adapter.

Another stupid question. Wifi available at my house, where I am physically using the adapter, or wifi out somewhere else, where I'll be viewing the stream from the sling adapter? I have wifi at my house, but was hoping to use my android at work to watch some dvr'd shows. Just have 3G, not wifi at work.

The wifi needed statement is false information.

While I do have wifi in my home, my 722k is hardwired and my system is not tied to my wifi at all. It works great with my sling adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Also, I watch tv on my iPhone all of the time via 3G. Typically unless im near full strength 3G I won't even attempt it though. It needs full speed 3G to really work solid I have found.

Wifi of course works great

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wish I would have done my HD upgrade online instead of on the phone now so I had a transcript. I asked if I could upgrade to the 922 and the rep told me to get the 722 and wait until the 18th to get the sling adapter for free.

I have a VIP 722. When will existing customers be eligible for free sling adapter? I can't afford to pay $99 for the sling adapter especially in this tough economy.

Can you "Sling" your recordings to a TV at another location? Such as from my home 722 to my TV at my office 50 miles away?

Wish I would have done my HD upgrade online instead of on the phone now so I had a transcript. I asked if I could upgrade to the 922 and the rep told me to get the 722 and wait until the 18th to get the sling adapter for free.

I'm sure you call was recorded for "quality assurance." I would hold them to the statement.

So 2 reasons I will not be able to get this without shelling out some serious $$$$. I have had my 622 for a long time and it will not work with this sling adapter and even though i have been a customer for OVER 10+ YEARS I do not qualify to get it for free. Sounds about like normal operation for Dish. Every time this kind of thing happens I take a fresh look at Uverse, Direct and Comcast. Just disappointing that this has to happen quite frequently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)