For those who would like to Track AMC14

Man, mega delay on HD coming off this Sat no mater what they do. First a few weeks of decision making, then the actual implementation, then the testing to make sure it worked. And even then won't E* want to re-negotiate everything involved with the satellite owners since the time of life will have changed? Then even more testing by E* once they are on it. Can't see all that resolving itself anytime soon. Aren't we looking at a end of year time frame at best?

Not really. They could slide it in to 61.5 and test on the TP's that Echostar3 can't transmit on anymore. Then if they wanted they could slowly transfer the load one TP at a time.

I think it's realistic to think end of year, but a couple of things.

They have some things they can do in the meantime with whats in place. We've seen some of that this past week.

It took about a month for the other satellite that was lost in a much lower part of the sky to get to its destination. That one had damage that made it not usable, but it did reach its destination. Whether it was damaged on the way there, or before it was moved, I'm not sure (might be documented somewhere).

Depending on how this goes, I figure before mid-year they will have it where it needs to be (if they want to) and will have testing completed. That assumes they're not sitting on their hands hoping for Jeebus to do it for them.

But, in the meantime I'm glad to have NESN HD.

So whats AMC 14 doing ? Besides foating around south america! That thing is so all over the place.

LATEST UPDATE OBJECT A - Orbit Data

1 32708U 08011A 08087.59130116 -.00000181 00000-0 00000+0 0 103
2 32708 048.9785 168.0001 7087612 358.7531 000.2499 02.25662051 319

Epoch (UTC): 2:11:28 PM, Thursday, March 27, 2008
Eccentricity: 0.7087612
Inclination: 048.9785°
Perigee Height: 772 km
Apogee Height: 35,576 km

Right Ascension of Ascending Node: 168.0001°
Argument of Perigee: 358.7531°
Revolutions per Day: 02.25662051
Mean Anomaly at Epoch: 000.2499°
Orbit Number at Epoch: 31

It looks like what was AMC-14 is now Object-B or Breeze-M R/B and Directv-11 is Object-A. Although there is still an AMC-14 still listed but it tracks differently and has a higher max altitude than it did before. I think Object-B / Breeze-M R/B is really AMC-14. But I have no idea what is now tracking as AMC-14.

Last edited:
I am looking at AMC-14 right now it's altitude is over 22,000 miles. There is a comment that Object-B/ Breeze-M R/B is a rocket body so maybe AMC-14 was still attached until now and it is Separated they are tracking close to each other.

this is getting interesting with the magic that's going on...First it's swapping locations with Directv's new satellite, then it's lower than Mt. Everest, next it's gone back and found it's rocket, refired the engines and then separated at a higher altitude ;)

this is getting interesting with the magic that's going on...First it's swapping locations with Directv's new satellite, then it's lower than Mt. Everest, next it's gone back and found it's rocket, refired the engines and then separated at a higher altitude ;)

Now thats funny!lol

If Object A at LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING is AMC-14, then they must be working on getting it where it's supposed to go. I check several times a day, and it stays above the equator with an altitude between 34,000 and 38,000 km. I know it shows a DirecTV satellite, but I think it's a mistake, because it wouldn't move around that much. And why would they call it Object A, instead of DirecTV-11?

Object A - 32729 is DirecTV 11.. AMC-14 - 32708 is AMC - 14.. N2YO as well as Space-Track has gone back to referring to D11 as Object-A for some reason..

AMC-14 hasn't changed a heck of a lot since its failure.. Orbit has increased in Altitude some but the low end of the elipse is about the same as the first TLE..

There's an OBJECT-A for every satellite launch. As well as an OBJECT-B. And maybe more objects.

The question is which OBJECT-A you're looking at.

The site appears to be acting differently than it did a week ago, now if I click on "Track AMC-14"the map is blank unless I zoom out and the the data is blank until I click on the sat, then everything is "Right in the world again" lol

Too slow on the keyboard again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)