? For those with D* in South Bend, IN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matthpd195

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Northeast Indiana
For those in the South Bend, IN area. What Fox Sports channel do you receive with D*? I am contemplating a move to that area and would hate to lose channel 639 Fox Sports Net Chicago (Cant live without those Cubbies!)

Thanks!

You can find out which regional sports network would be available by going to the DirecTV web site. They have a search engine that, when you enter your ZIP code, will tell you what sports network you'd get and what teams they carry.

I'm in the South Bend DMA, but I live in Michigan, so get Fox Sports Detroit.
The zip code for South Bend you'll want to work with is 46601.
You might consider moving to Laporte County which is in the Chicago DMA. A Zip Code there would be 46371 which is Rolling Prairie.

Thanks for the replies.....I would like to stay with the South Bend locals, I believe the Chicago spot beam wont reach me.

I believe I have found the point on DirecTV's website that Newshakw was referring to. At least at lists all of the channels and which area they are available in!

Thanks again!

matthpd195 said:
Thanks for the replies.....I would like to stay with the South Bend locals, I believe the Chicago spot beam wont reach me.

If you would really rather have Chicago locals, I would think you have a very good chance of being in their spot beam, considering that I can get it 200+ miles south of Chicago.
If you would like to be sure, just check x-ponder 18 on 101 for signal strength. I know, site unseen, I'd MUCH rather have Chicago locals than SB. (OR my locals, either LOL) BTW, since you are a Cubs fan, are you aware that there are several spill over Cubs games on WCIU-26, which you would get with the Chicago locals pkg? Also, I am not totally sure, but aren't there also several Cubs games that air on the "local" version of WGN-9, that do NOT air on the superstation feed - if so, you'd get these as well.

I am approx 160 miles to the south east of Chicago. On transponder 18 I am getting a average 72 signal. Are all of the Chicago locals on this spot beam? That would be GREAT to get even more of the Cubs! I just didn't think it would reach this far..

matthpd195 said:
I am approx 160 miles to the south east of Chicago. On transponder 18 I am getting a average 72 signal. Are all of the Chicago locals on this spot beam? That would be GREAT to get even more of the Cubs! I just didn't think it would reach this far..

Yes & actually, you are getting a little bit better signal than I probably am. I did go ahead & put in a 32" dish on 101, to help make up for this, as I was getting dropouts from Chicago locals sometimes during the day &/or on very cloudy days. While this did NOT bring them up to the full strength of the national channels, it helped to where they now consistantly stay locked, except for fairly heavy+ rains. But, to me at least, it's worth it to be able to get the Chicago locals. (I KNOW that I am right on the edge of the beam, so I'm actually surprised it has worked this well for me) Plus, I still get MY locals on basic cable, along with 3 time zones on an E* account, so at worst case, I can always switch to one of these network feeds.

At the worst case, if you find you are having problems with them, you can just "move back" to SB locals later... ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)