Force an HD Format?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Anybody know of any way to force the internal HDD to format on a Hopper with Sling?

We've got one here that is thoroughly messed up showing 0% used with 147 items and the available space on the external HDD transfer screen is only about 200GB. Very weird. Moving what I can off of it to external HDD now and want to start with a fresh format if possible.

I was told by, let's just say a knowledgeable person on the software, that no, there's really no way to do it on regular, production software. It is apparently possible to do with alpha or beta software though. I believe they indicated that there's actually a menu for it.

I'm sure there's a certain combination of buttons to push to initiate this. Where's lucky86 when you need him?

Have you looked thru the learning portal?

Once your stuff is moved, just get a replacement if Dirt gives the go?

So yesterday we moved everything off the HD and cleared the Trash and shut it off. The overnight FSCK seems to have fixed the problem and the HD looks normal this morning. Stuff is moving back to the HD and it's looking good. Looks like the Hopper fixed itself. :)

What I did was to format the drive on my Mac and then put on the receiver, where it will not recognize it and formats the Dish way.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts