Ford: Microsoft and Windows might still be used for next-gen Sync

We have only had our explorer a few months, and the wife drives it more than I do, but I have not noticed any bugginess in the sync system at all.

As many of you know my lease just expired on my Lincoln MKX. In looking for a new car I looked for one that was NOT a Ford of Lincoln JUST because of the Sync system.

I had lots of bugs on mine over the years I have had it, such as driving down the road and having the Sync System reboot with the big Microsoft logo on the screen. Unable to control things like the radio, or climate. Many times when it rebooted the radio came on really loud and the heat and fans came on full. You could not adjust either until the system finished rebooting. The other fun one was driving down the highway at 75 and having the rear view camera come on the navigation screen. Talk about distracted driving.

The last software update seemed to fix most of these issue which was a good thing.

Many of the features promised for the Sync never came and some of the features it had when I got it went away. For example when I got it, it had a built in Web Browser, when you could browse the web just by tethering your smartphone to it. That feature was taken away with one of the updates.

Then other promised features never came, such as being able to control apps like Pandora through the navigation screen. There were a number of apps promised but none came. Then not to long ago it came out that only lower end ford and Lincolns would get those features, but not anyone with the Sync will get them.

I was not alone in my issues, in fact the Ford / Lincoln website was full of stories like mine.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/dis...rds.synccommunity.com/discussions/&listMode=0

I hope Lincoln / Ford knows they are losing customers over this out of date, buggy system. My wife went and looked at the Lincoln MKZ and she asked the salesman if the Sync had any new features compared to mine and was told this is the same system they have been putting into cars over the last 4 years, so if you have driven one over that time then there is nothing new in the Sync system except for software updated which everyone got. With that she left the dealer. (She didn't believe me before she went that the Sync in todays cars is the same one I had in my older car.

Got to admit I am LOVING the UCONNECT system in my new Jeep Cherokee! This is what the sync should have been!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)