Forest Whitaker to Star in Criminal Minds Spin-Off

Saw it last nite.To me its a flop.Wrong role for Whitaker,botox lip blonde and an englishman.Wont last.:rant:
I initially thought the same thing about Whitaker (still feel they can find a better lead agent), but Whitaker does a credible job and he won't detract from the series. Plus, Whitaker is a good actor...so I'm sure he will find his character's niche. In my opinion, there's a much bigger problem with his supporting cast of characters who, for lack of a better term, didn't float my boat last night. Fortunately, their writers and producers have several months to find the right formula for the show, and hopefully it will be a polished product and not "rough around the edges" like it was last night. The only thing we know for sure is that Forest Whitaker is on contract with CBS (I'm sure part of the contract involved his spending the past few months with diet and fitness coaches because he looked noticeably different than he did in December 2009) and he's not going anywhere. I still haven't ruled out Mandy Patinkin (Agent Gideon) joining the cast as a consultant or upper-management type (like Erin Strauss).

Just my opinion but the supporting cast did not impress me. I don't buy an agent taken from a foreign country's service as a FBI supervisory special agent. It would not have worked for NCIS if Palo didn't look so very good.

Whitaker is a fine actor but just did not seen as a team leader.

Again, just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts