Former Exec Sues Dish Network

It was her office that handled all the 6000 and811 disounts for exisiting users.

Quit a few of us got the 811 at the 99-150 price. That could not have helped :)

Hey stop w/ the CSR bashing, yes there are those service reps that don't know what there doing but there are alot that do. I used to work for dish and knew agents in all departments from sales to tech to customer retention and for every agent I knew that didn't know what was going on I knew several agents that were bright enough to either figure it out or get up and ask. There have been issues in the past and like a friend has mentioned earlier we all have stories of agents that tell customers in alaska to move there dish because they can't get 110 but its really annoying that in every complaint noone has acknowledged that there is the possibility that there is a group of people that know what they are talking about. There are several internal issues that I saw inside the company that aren't a real motivational support for any of the reps to put forth the extra effort, for obvious reasons won't go into them but you get the point. Yes sales partners will offer the world and the customer retention is tracking that information and we are giving that information to upper management so that departments doing all they can, tech support with the churn being as high as it is has its own issues, yeah I've seen issues with the DNSC's, yeah theres been issues that hold times are longer but give the customer service reps that actually know whats going on a kudos once in a while will you.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

Agree also about CSRs

drod said:
Hey stop w/ the CSR bashing, yes there are those service reps that don't know what there doing but there are alot that do. I used to work for dish and knew agents in all departments from sales to tech to customer retention and for every agent I knew that didn't know what was going on I knew several agents that were bright enough to either figure it out or get up and ask. There have been issues in the past and like a friend has mentioned earlier we all have stories of agents that tell customers in alaska to move there dish because they can't get 110 but its really annoying that in every complaint noone has acknowledged that there is the possibility that there is a group of people that know what they are talking about. There are several internal issues that I saw inside the company that aren't a real motivational support for any of the reps to put forth the extra effort, for obvious reasons won't go into them but you get the point. Yes sales partners will offer the world and the customer retention is tracking that information and we are giving that information to upper management so that departments doing all they can, tech support with the churn being as high as it is has its own issues, yeah I've seen issues with the DNSC's, yeah theres been issues that hold times are longer but give the customer service reps that actually know whats going on a kudos once in a while will you.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

I too use to be a CSR with EchoStar and I do agree that we had our fair share of CSRs that were very good at their jobs and some that should not have even been working at the call center at all. I and others that use to be on the CSR buddy teams could often determine (in most cases) who would be a good CSR after their training period and more than often had to train people that barely had the ability and knowledge to handle working on the phone and computer system.

I even remember that our buddy coach had gotten us together in a gathering at our workstations and stated to us that the trainees where complaining to their trainer and her about the evaluations we made of their performance when they were miked up with during one of the work periods. Some of us were not happy with the way this was expressed to us because we were being honest about the people we were training. If we were hired to train and bring up to speed the role and function of the CSR, don't get mad at us if we say this person may or may not be able to do the job.

In some cases, we had to try to do the best we can to help get the trainee through the training period and hope that they get the hang of it when they get assigned to their team. Some did, many didn't....I don't know if they ever resolved this issue since I no longer work there but it can explain some of the issues that customers have in dealing with EchoStar.

Bottom line - CSR's have no clue on anything technical, or any new products that are on the horizon.

joemama said:
Bottom line - CSR's have no clue on anything technical, or any new products that are on the horizon.

Jeeze, talk about throwing some oil on the fire. Did you read the previous 4 post?

I think it's more fair to say that a few poor CSRs taint a whole operation. As it is in all other situations.

While it would be good to believe that CSRs care about E* service as much as internet groupies do, I really doubt that is true. They care about the paycheck and getting good reviews. The better ones care about making customer contacts a pleasurable experience for the customer. Most wouldn't bother to visit a public forum to learn more than the official chain had told them, and the official chain only passes down need to know information.

Sometimes need to know is less than we would like them to know. And if the CEO can be caught out live on TV saying he heard in a morning meeting that NBR is already on the 500 series, a CSR can get the facts wrong too. CSRs certainly are not any more perfect than other people.

JL

Funny, out of the 20 or so times I had to cal Dish CS over the years, I never really had a bad experience. Not that bad which got me upset.

Having been a csr then moving up to managing them, I can say that great conviction that 99% of all csr problems start at the top of the company and work their way down.
A lot of companies view teir 1 support as just a call clearing house. Give people scripts to read and follow, document if it did or didn't work then escalate the call if not resolved. Don't do anything that isn't on the script and did what you need to asap so you can handle the next call. Most times it doesn't even matter if you could right a script for them to follow to solve more complex issues - can't do that if it would take too long. They get a lenght of call in their heads and no call should take longer. PERIOD!
I try to compliment good csr's and take deep breaths when dealing with bad ones. Mostly, they are only doing their jobs the way they have been told to do them.

People like her need to grow the heck up. I hate people calling out discrimination in situations like this. There are things you can do WAY before actions like these are needed. Most companies already have certain people within assigned to help people claiming discrimination. There are other companies out there too to help if the people cant get results that way. She is greedy and needs to see what it is like to have no $$$. Man, pisses me off to see people getting paid that much and still want more more more ...

This lady just wants to get paid but hope she just gets the thrown out....

I apologize for my CSR bashing message, but it did emphasize the point I was trying to make. Cartwright was in charge of customer service. Someone stated that 99% of the CSR's problems come from upper management.

I agree, which is why I stated she probably deserved being yelled at.

Having first level CSR's be nothing more than script readers and advanced telephone switchboard operators... that's just dumb. An automated system can take care of that and be WAY more efficient with it. Move them over to marketing and let the CSR's who know a thing or two filter out what needs to be filtered out.

It would also help CSR's out if they had one set of rules to play with. Custom labor for example.

RSP's: Customer pays for custom work. Can't afford to brunt the cost.
DNSC's: Tech works hourly, git 'er done, big corporation brunts the cost.
Retailers: Forced to do it in order to complete the sale.

I know an agent in TX, we email often, apparently she wanted to learn tech support more than the typical check connections, run a check switch, and if it doesn't work we have to charge a check switch. Thats when she found this site, really great for helping let people know whats going on. Upper management found out and threatened her job, saying that her could tell people how to use the system. Still comes without logging in or posting. Agents do come, threats of jobs go far to dissuade people from learning from outside sources though. I give agents like Jane a way to go, if more people actually sat there watching the chats, reading over retail chats, and going to this forum when they get home from work. If there were more like her and a more friendly enviornment for agents to develop skills and not be going for just the paycheck we wouldn't have this problem.

If the issue isnt nothing more than changing programming or asking a very simple question I have to hang up and try another CSR or talk to a Supervisor in which does not or will not do anything to resolve the problem or dont know how to a lot more times than I should. I have had some snotty mean ones and I have had some pretty sweet ones that I could talk to for hours (and have a good while back).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts