Not open for further replies.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Former KMOV (Channel 4) anchor Vickie Newton apparently left her St. Louis job in part to get away from a cyberstalker.
In an article published in the online magazine "The Village Celebration," Newton reveals that she was cyberstalked for the past five years, and that she hoped moving back to her home state of Arkansas would end the abuse.Instead, Newton said that the harassment has intensified.“I don’t know who is stalking me and I don’t know what the end game is,” Newton says in the article. “Recently, some of the postings have included key words that describe rooms in my home, family members' names are included and so the level of the threat is more aggressive."Newton says she has contacted the attorney general in Arkansas and the FBI in both Arkansas and St. Louis. She and her parents also hired a technology expert, installed new security systems and changed locks, the story says.The stalker has described the sterling silver picture frames in her master suite, the article says, and the alarm at her Arkansas lake house was going off while she was in St. Louis at early hours in the morning, but no one was ever found.Newton is the founder of "The Village Celebration," an online magazine which focus on the accomplishments of African-Americans.She left KMOV in mid-August after 10 years. She said at the time that she was resigning to be closer to family and to pursue other interests.Newton could not be reached for comment.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_768601e9-399a-5647-9a91-606d626dace9.html

This was our local news anchor she was gooa nd very nice and this is so sad that we couldn't do something to stop cyberstalking permanently :)

Ms. Newton was a popular broadcaster in St. Loo with 10 years of service. Sad to see her exit this way, very scary are the details of this case that have been released.

Yes so sad to see her go but Jasmine Huda did a good job in her replacement and Sharon Reed they hired I just can't get used too and they should of just let Jasmine do Vickies job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar