Fort Smith, AR HD Local Lineup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arkanian

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Rogers, AR
So I live in Rogers, AR and I have been waiting a long time for Dish to offer local HD in my area. Cox, Direct TV, and AT&T U-Verse all are offering the 4 major local networks in HD in my area now. I am very tempting to jump ship because 99% of the time I am watching the local channels.

I sent Dish an email to see when they would be available but I just got a response from them that stated they have no clue when it would be available. I even told them flat out that I would drop Dish but they didn't care.

Does anyone have any information about this? It sounds like either Dish doesn't care or they are being told not to tell.

i havent' gotten a positive response from them either, i'm in booneville, ar. i have emailed all the stations and most have said that they are either delivering their signal already or that the ball is in dish's court. although a poster on avsforum's site stated that dish is currently in thier studios and is installing equipment like mad. he also stated that thier target to get it completed is feb. 1. i'm wondering if they are trying to get it there in time for the new sat when it goes online. but who knows? just hope it happens shortly.

Do the stations in Fort Smith have repeating transponders in the Rogers-Fayetteville area? With as many people that live in Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale and Fayetteville it's kind of surprising that viewers in that area have to rely at all on any broadcasts from Fort Smith.

I know there's at least one network affiliate in Rogers. I was there last summer for a convention and saw an office tower with an NBC logo on the top of it. I don't know if the other networks are represented there. Anyway, it seems like that area is booming enough to justify its own complete set of HDTV network stations.

Do the stations in Fort Smith have repeating transponders in the Rogers-Fayetteville area? With as many people that live in Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale and Fayetteville it's kind of surprising that viewers in that area have to rely at all on any broadcasts from Fort Smith.

I know there's at least one network affiliate in Rogers. I was there last summer for a convention and saw an office tower with an NBC logo on the top of it. I don't know if the other networks are represented there. Anyway, it seems like that area is booming enough to justify its own complete set of HDTV network stations.

go to tvfool.com and download their coverage map for fayettville/fort smith. it puts the locations of the transmitting towers onto google earth. when you do that you can see where they are at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)