Fortec Star 100cm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtra

SatelliteGuys Family
May 2, 2005
Halifax,NC
Anybody running a Fortec Star 100cm? If so how much difference in the signal between that and a 30" Winegard? I am thinking about upgrading to the Fortec Star 100cm. I also ordered a SNH-031 Invacom LNBF.

I recently changed from a 75cm Winegard to a 90cm dish and the difference in signal quality was minimal, adding the Invacom really helped. Good idea to upgrade the dish and LNBF at the same time for the best results. (IMO)

Just ordered a Fortec Star 100cm. I will have it Tuesday. I wiil keep you informed about the performance. The Invacom with the 1.0 meter dish ought to be awsome.

Optional floor mount

I didn't purchase the floor mount. I am going to put it on my motor. I already have a 76cm Winegard which does a good job but I wanted something bigger in case I was missing some satellite channels. The Invacom on my 76cm dish boosted my quality from 37% to 85%. Fantastic gain. I am hoping for even better gain with the Fortec 100cm. :D

Well, I was supposed to get my Fortec Saturday on FEDX. Wouldn't you know it they said they couldn't find my place. FEDX has delivered alot of stuff to my house and never had a problem. Well I called FEDX and they made some more detailed notes on where I am. They said they would re-imburse me for the 75.00 freight I paid. I won't get my dish till June 1, which is Wednesday I believe. However when it comes I am ready. I set a new pole Saturday.A heavier one to hold all 28 lbs of dish and my motor. I set it up with my Winegard 76cm. All I have to do is mount the new dish and set the elevation and I'm in business. I will let you know the signal and quality of the dish with my new Invacom. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)