fortec star 120cm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackal2403

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
I just purchased a 120 cm dish, now my question is, the elevation bracket has a notch on the top thats supposed hold the pipe in place. I have a SG2100 motor that i want to attach but that notch is in the way. I want to mount the motor on top. Do i have to reverse the elevation bracket so that the notch is at the bottom instead of the top? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

I just put mine over the notch and when you tighten the u-bolts it kind of flatens the notch. Not sure if that was the right way to do it, but it worked.

At first I reversed the bracket, had it like that for 3 weeks until I had to take it down.
I took the Dremel to the small peice of steel before it went back up again.

when u reversed the elevation bracket cascade, this doesn't effect the performance of the dish, just the degree #'s will be upside down? I was thinking of cutting off the notch, but i plan on upgrading to a hh motor in the future.

jackal2403 said:
when u reversed the elevation bracket cascade, this doesn't effect the performance of the dish, just the degree #'s will be upside down? I was thinking of cutting off the notch, but i plan on upgrading to a hh motor in the future.

The dish will still be on the same axis, the elevation markings won't match up, that's all.
As soon as you get the motor angle correct all you have to do is adjust the dish angle until you hit the bird so the markings are redundant even if they matched up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts