FORTEC STAR ULTRA / Captive Works 600S / Pansat 2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Morbius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
N.E. Ohio
I'm in the market for a second receiver. Currently using a Pansat 3500s which I just think is the greatest ,but I need the second one for my little vacation property and only need it for G10. So what is the best (or cheap ,but good) out of the above mentioned. Im really leaning towards the 600s ,but that whole blind scan not being available sort of makes me a bit leary of buying that one. With the 3500s you pull up the sat and do the scan is the 600s similar to that? I read the review ,but its rather vague on the scan issue. Also there is really alot of questionable stuff on eBay. If they really looked into it 1/4 the the receivers would be taken down and the ones that say "loaded" really makes me wonder if the ones that are reasonably priced may be clones. Anyway thanks in advance for the info.

Mike

Morbius said:
I'm in the market for a second receiver. Currently using a Pansat 3500s which I just think is the greatest ,but I need the second one for my little vacation property and only need it for G10. So what is the best (or cheap ,but good) out of the above mentioned. Im really leaning towards the 600s ,but that whole blind scan not being available sort of makes me a bit leary of buying that one. With the 3500s you pull up the sat and do the scan is the 600s similar to that? I read the review ,but its rather vague on the scan issue. Also there is really alot of questionable stuff on eBay. If they really looked into it 1/4 the the receivers would be taken down and the ones that say "loaded" really makes me wonder if the ones that are reasonably priced may be clones. Anyway thanks in advance for the info.

Mike

The Captiveworks DOES NOT have blind scan. They "claim" it does but I havent ever got it to work. It crashes my unit

If all you're looking to get is G10 only, you may not need need a blind scan unit. I have a couple units that are aimed at G10 only and they work great.

Yes there is a lot of questionable stuff on Ebay. Alot of it cheaply made :)

I would get the Fortec Classic. It is a very nice unit and has blind scan and very easy to set up. If you can find an ultra cheap, I'd get that. Thats judt the older model :)

Never used a CW (No blind scan!)

But I much prefer the Fortecs over Pansats, thats my vote!

The Pansats and the Fortecs use the same type of software (they arent interchangable)

Even though the Fortec Ultra and Pansat 2500's are old, they still work really good. I have a Pansat 1500 (like the 2500 minus AC-3 output, UHF capability and S-Vido) for 2 years and she runs like a champ :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)