Forward-looking questions about the new ViP622/722 features

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
Does anyone have answers to the questions below?
  1. When will DishComm be activated on the ViP211 and ViP222?
  2. What features will DishComm support (IP Callback, shared recordings, etc.)? Put another way, will DishComm be equivalent to the ethernet port for VOD and other applications?
  3. Will there be any issues if the receiver has both ethernet and DishComm connections in use?
  4. When will ethernet (and DishComm?) support sharing recorded content among connected receivers on the same account?
  5. Is E* still on track for adding external HDD support to the ViP211 and ViP222 around the end of the year?
  6. Will external HDD support for the ViP211 and ViP222 be limited to playback of content from other DVRs on the account or will customers be able to use these receivers as a full DVR after adding the external HDD?
  7. Will sharing recorded content among receivers be limited to playback or will users be able to transfer content over ethernet/DishComm?
Yeah, I know many of these cannot be known yet; I post them with the faint hope that someone from E* monitors this forum. If you have any info on the others, please share with the class!:D

FWIW, I'm thrilled with the new capabilities of my ViP622 and cannot wait for my external HDD to arrive. :hungry:
The potential for these features appearing on my ViP211 have made me consider hanging onto the box (I discovered how dependent I am on the hard drive).

Cheers,
Red