Found a BIRDOG USB PLUS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well ynnedibanez, maybe your 6 year old birdog is not working properly after so many years or for some reason the LNB setup is drawing too much power. I have had TPs that do not lock but I have always found that it was related to the birdog list not being updated or accurate. Then I have entered a custom H TP as per one of the list available on internet and voilá it works , so signal was there , the meter was working as intended but its list was not accurate. I have only had to reset the meter once because for some reason it stopped detecting any signal at all on any sat on any polarity, even on the Hispasat fixed dish that I knew had strong signal. After resetting , all went to normal.

I have not checked on mine the voltage when H TP are selected though and mine is 1 year old only probably.
That was what I experienced. I moved my dish to 72.0°W (I was watching the NBC feed and other Stations before I unhooked it and attached the cable to the Birdog) and was not able to lock any signal even though I had active transponders programed into the system.

Anyway, I hope I get better luck with the FS1 First Strike Meter which I bought new from eBay. That should arrive in a few days.

Birddog shows signal but receiver does not

I recently purchased a birddog USB meter which I am using to locate dish network 72.7 or 129.
I am a dish customer located in Jamaica with the current setup as follows:
Two 6ft VSAT connected via a switch to a VIP 211 pointing to 61.5 and 129. I recently moved the VSAT pointed at
61.5 to 72.7 using the birddog meter which recorded a signal of close to 74 with quality around 80 and indicating
That the satellite (72.7) was found. However my dish VIP 211 receiver did not record any readings. Can you indicate
What could be the possible reasons for this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.