Found new in the box OTA Digital Dongle # 194858

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Going through my junk after the move and found I still had this. Never used it and thing I got it a couple years ago. Is it still current and what is the value, if any?

Thanks

Going through my junk after the move and found I still had this. Never used it and thing I got it a couple years ago. Is it still current and what is the value, if any?

Thanks

I believe that is the single tuner. If that’s what it is, then it is indeed valuable. Likely $40-$100 on Ebay at the present time.

You must have gotten one of the few dual dongles that worked. Mine was so bad that I deactivated a good Wally and went back to using two 211K receivers..

I still use a 211k as I like the features, outboard HDD and the OTA tuner. Too bad Dish does not have anything new like it. With 3.0 on the horizon maybe Dish will come out with a new receiver that will have 3.0 built in. The 211k was one of the best Dish receivers they built and they are no fees. Really a great deal to say the least!

I still use a 211k as I like the features, outboard HDD and the OTA tuner. Too bad Dish does not have anything new like it. With 3.0 on the horizon maybe Dish will come out with a new receiver that will have 3.0 built in. The 211k was one of the best Dish receivers they built and they are no fees. Really a great deal to say the least!

You don't have any fees because you're grandfathered but a new customer signing up today with a 211K or a Wally will pay a $5 monthly non DVR fee.

Does this thing need to be activated and is there a fee to use it? I guess it goes to the USB on the Hopper and the outdoor antenna goes to it ... no instructions are in the box.

The OTA Dongle is very poor for reception put it in a valley with projected poor reception and you might as well stop before wasting money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)