Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
It provides some good food for thought.

'Urine or You're Out'. (Everywhere)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: pers-1054671536@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-02-28, 5:01PM EST

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I
pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to
get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I
have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my
taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I
have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem
with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a
problem with helping someone sitting on their behind doing drugs, while I work.
. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to
pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

First how much more would that cost us. Second they say the tea works to get around it, or just drink a gallon of warm water. They say after drinking the water wait to you piss clear and then you will pass.
I wouldn't know I have random ones and pass every time.

Drug tests have gotten better since the use of tea's and I know warm water doesnt work because of fellow co workers that have tried drinking water and failed at the drug test. The costs have come down as well and now the tests can be done in less than 10 seconds with the latest kits so a welfare agent could set up at a public funded housing complex or in a hud neighborhood and do random tests.

FYI I know about the latest tests due to a second job I had last year, filled the cup and capped it and before I finished tightening the lid a built in test strip had the results, cant remember what the cost was but it was definitely cheap compared to the hundreds of dollars just 10 years ago.

Maybe it's only with some drugs it doesn't work with. But I can tell you cause of a few low life's I know it does work with pot. I mean they walk in to probation and if they where to be positive they wouldn't work out, well they do.
I've come to the conclusion if its not random it's a waste.

I don't know why the OP thinks other people should be having to take a drug test. He should instead be questioning why he has to.

"Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? "

Well, this has some appeal to me. I took so many in the Navy, I'd probably automatically go fill a cup in front of a stranger handing it to me, just out of habit. ;) But, of course, we'd just increase the size of the criminal class if we cut off funds to so many. :(

But maybe it's time to give up on the drug war, at least for pot. Look at the documentaries- drug laws came into being purely as racist measures, primarily against Chinese and blacks. The government has flat out lied too many times over drugs. Apparently, no one has ever documented a single death due to pot, except maybe for DUI type incidents. Outside of very heavy use, it appears it is less damaging than alcohol. As for cancer, you can eat it (brownies, anyone?) or use some sort of vaporizer. I saw a LEO type on TV saying "That's all we need - another intoxicant!" I can sympathize, but it seems a less socially destructive intoxicant than alcohol, save for the damage we cause by criminalizing it. And we already have it.

I've come a long way, 180 out from my previous thinking. I'm not a user, never have been, but enough's enough. Far too many in the population use it for it to be as harmful as the DEA claims. Let's cut the legs out from under the criminal gangs destroying Mexico and other countries (& to some degree, our own) by making it legal. And reap the taxes. And finally make excellent hemp clothing. BTW, the hemp used for clothing won't get you high.

Remember, this stuff is a weed that used to grow widely in the US. Of course, the stuff today has been bred to much higher strength.

Heck- what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong. I only recently learned its the buds that are smoked/used. I thought it was the leaves. :eek:

Oh- and google it - there's a lot of people selling various schemes to subvert drug tests for pot & other drugs. No idea if they work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I
have to pass one to earn it for them?

YES

Saw this on an email that was making the rounds on the internet from a buddy a couple months ago. I for one say test 'em. If they are using SSI etc. for drugs, then they are obviously being paid too much. The drug problem is extremely serious and affects us all. Tax payers should not have to subsidize it.

First how much more would that cost us. Second they say the tea works to get around it, or just drink a gallon of warm water. They say after drinking the water wait to you piss clear and then you will pass.
I wouldn't know I have random ones and pass every time.

First : Paying for the tests would be offset by the savings of those we didn't have to pay thanks to the failures.

Second : The "home remedy" is 99.995% total BS.

Third : They should be totally random. But with everything else PC will run amock on this and likely would never have any teeth BUT it needs to be done and should be done.

"Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? "

Well, this has some appeal to me. I took so many in the Navy, I'd probably automatically go fill a cup in front of a stranger handing it to me, just out of habit. ;) But, of course, we'd just increase the size of the criminal class if we cut off funds to so many. :(

But maybe it's time to give up on the drug war, at least for pot. Look at the documentaries- drug laws came into being purely as racist measures, primarily against Chinese and blacks. The government has flat out lied too many times over drugs. Apparently, no one has ever documented a single death due to pot, except maybe for DUI type incidents. Outside of very heavy use, it appears it is less damaging than alcohol. As for cancer, you can eat it (brownies, anyone?) or use some sort of vaporizer. I saw a LEO type on TV saying "That's all we need - another intoxicant!" I can sympathize, but it seems a less socially destructive intoxicant than alcohol, save for the damage we cause by criminalizing it. And we already have it.

I've come a long way, 180 out from my previous thinking. I'm not a user, never have been, but enough's enough. Far too many in the population use it for it to be as harmful as the DEA claims. Let's cut the legs out from under the criminal gangs destroying Mexico and other countries (& to some degree, our own) by making it legal. And reap the taxes. And finally make excellent hemp clothing. BTW, the hemp used for clothing won't get you high.

Remember, this stuff is a weed that used to grow widely in the US. Of course, the stuff today has been bred to much higher strength.

Heck- what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong. I only recently learned its the buds that are smoked/used. I thought it was the leaves. :eek:

Oh- and google it - there's a lot of people selling various schemes to subvert drug tests for pot & other drugs. No idea if they work.

Pure sanity, I tell ya...... BTW, I experimented with it a little bit back in the late 60s haven't touched it since. I believed in what you say then and still do.

I agree as far as pot goes. Did you see Dip-Sh*t glenn beck show to day? He was talking about how California wants to legalize it just for the tax money.
The D-S was calling his guess Rob Kampia a stoner cause he was for it, well he made D-S look like one.
Legalize, Tax Marijuana?

By the way D-S nice way to treat your guest!!!!

Last edited:

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

The bigger problem is people who accept the idea that they must take a urine test!
I don't get that mind set. If you screw up have reason for cause etc yes. Pilots, truck drivers, OK.
The next part is why accept "I go to work, the government takes a percentage and gives it to others." Like this is some special club and you're paying membership. However, you may not realize it but your post is clear, this isn't a concern about helping others, it's really you don't like being forced to help those that politicians think deserve part of your daily labor more than you do.
Well considering the times, maybe it's time we realize we now have a real opportunity for real change in how we do things Instead of hoping more "politics as usual" ie more government spending and higher taxes will fix things, I hope instead we'll finally tell all those in office-keep your urine- you're out.
To paraphrase a current television campaign-"It's your money, you earned it and you need it now!"

(1) I dont have a problem with taking a drug test at all, work place safety is bad enough when a persons sober but when the persons drunk or high it's worse and I dont want the guy next to me trying to operate a 12,000lb forklift that can reach 40ft up and carry 6,000lbs at that height.

(2) I dont have a problem helping those who have fallen on hard times due to job loss and go so far as to have automatic charitable deductions taken out of my paycheck every year for a small handful of charities. What I do have a problem with is supporting people who have the ability and wherewhithal to find and keep gainful employment who would rather sit at home in goverment funded housing watching hbo on a 42 inch plasma while smokin a phatty. I never knew how bad the problem was with people abusing the various forms of goverment welfare until I moved into the south but when I drive past three seperate goverment subsidized housing units and I see 25k - 40k price range vehicles parked there on a daily basis and I read the crime blotter of the local paper and see that someones apartment or house in one of these places was broken into and 2k - 4k worth of flat screens and laptops and jewelery was stolen then I realized how bad it is and I became really mad.

(3) Well it is a club, the club of Democracy and freedom and we all know full and well that freedom comes with a price tag so if you like being able to pick up the phone and call the police when someones trying to break in and has a bigger gun than you do or like being able to rely on the Special Forces to go in and take out that terrorist group thats getting ready to light a dirty bomb or you like being able to drive down a new road that replaced one full of potholes then you shouldnt have a problem with paying taxes.

For a while there I did have a problem with taxes and in some respects I still do because some taxes are just plain wrong but without taxes to support our goverment we would not have what we have now even though we are in a bad recession.

My point is this, we all know drug use is rampant amongst the impoverished just as is alcohol abuse and cigarette use. I work hard to earn a living and part of that living goes to taxes to pay for retirement and services of all kinds including services to help those down on their luck. If I have to take a drug test as well as submit to a 10 year back ground check to get a job and a random drug test to keep it then I want anyone thats receiving goverment assistance to be required to take a random drug test and pass it to receive that assistance regardless of their age or gender or condition and I want them to submit to a back ground check and be subject to the same conditions for assistance that we have to for employment, in other words jump through the same hoops law abiding folks do.

Im not making it political so thats a no on my end, I just feel that its time that our tax money is better spent and handed out than is being done with banks handing out bonuses and paying for fist class flights plus concerts ect ect ect. I also feel that its time that all the various flavours of goverment welfare need to be completely overhauled and cleaned up so as to eliminate as much recipient abuse as possible.

Again I dont have a problem helping someone legitimately but I do have a problem giving money to slackers and deadbeats.

My issue with pot is the complacency aspect. Some folks claim that pot increases their creativity. I can accept that, but will then counter that the creative types are probably not on welfare anyway. For many of the rest, getting high is an alternative to facing reality and unfortunately that reality is that in the long term folks need to find a way to provide for themselves, their families, their education, their health care, and their retirement and not expect the "government" (meaning We The People who actually do produce something) to do it for them. And none of that is gonna happen while they're stoned on the couch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)