Four HD TVs - Only One 622 Available?

jovach

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
As I understand it, I can get only one 622 from Dish, and a 211 when I upgrade. I already have the HD televisions (4) and now I can't get the receivers to use them? I have been waiting for HD since I bought a Sony XBR HD 8 yrs ago (I finally sold it, never having watched an HD program on it). Now HD is here, I am prepared with the TVs to watch it, and have been told by Dish that I can only record programing for one TV, and buy a 211 to watch hd on one of the others. Any suggestions on what to do about getting two 622s and two 211s? I currently have two 508s and two 301s.

Just an observation here but I believe all HD outputs are active all the time on at least the 622 so unless your watching all 4 TV's at once you can work it out without buying 3 units and leasing 1. HDMI out to one set that you usually will not be viewing while component out to the other. Maybe just get an extra remote for this setup.

I have the same problem, only with 3 HD TV's, two upstairs and one down. I've paid a lot of money for E* equipment over the years, and have been with them for 7 years.

I have no interest in buying the receivers. TW cable will set me up with 3 HD PVR boxes for the cost of 1.5 E* leases. Why on earth would I pay $1,000+ for two additional HD PVR's from E* when cable will give me almost all of the same content (I don't watch much Voom, seems to be fluff mostly) at 1/3 the cost?

I'm waiting until May or so, see if E* sees the light and decides it wants to keep long time multi-HD TV customers like you and I or not. If June comes and they still won't give the discount lease on multi-622's, then 7.5 years will be the end of my E* run and I will flee to cable.

ntechnic said:
I have the same problem, only with 3 HD TV's, two upstairs and one down. I've paid a lot of money for E* equipment over the years, and have been with them for 7 years.

I have no interest in buying the receivers. TW cable will set me up with 3 HD PVR boxes for the cost of 1.5 E* leases. Why on earth would I pay $1,000+ for two additional HD PVR's from E* when cable will give me almost all of the same content (I don't watch much Voom, seems to be fluff mostly) at 1/3 the cost?

I'm waiting until May or so, see if E* sees the light and decides it wants to keep long time multi-HD TV customers like you and I or not. If June comes and they still won't give the discount lease on multi-622's, then 7.5 years will be the end of my E* run and I will flee to cable.

Well, I only have 2 HDTVs, and have been with Dish since about the beginning. I'm not going to cancel my Dish programming in a huge rush, but Brighthouse will be at my house on Friday for an install. After comparing picture and HD-DVR quality, I'll make a decision...but quite frankly at this time, I hope cable will meet my needs. The startup cost of Brighthouse will be about $100...we all know how expensive the upgrade costs for Dish will be.

On another note, after speaking with sisters in other locations, I find that they too are very dissatisfied with Dish. I wonder how many good customers Dish will have to lose before they figure it all out. :(

Last edited:
They are going to lose me. I have a 942, two 921s and an 811. There is no way in hell Im going to purchase all new receivers, or wait 4 years to upgrade them.

Verizon FiOS TV will be available in my area later this month and I plan on switching.

Thats what I am waiting for also, verizon fios, only trouble is they wont be in my little town here in northeastern pa for a long time, seems like this area is always among the last for new technology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)