Fox 50 HD in Raleigh NC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anyone notice the horizontal line in the middle of the picture. Was really bad during 24. It is exactly the same as ABC 11 a month ago

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/159635-abc-11-hd-raleigh-durham.html

Checked with a buddy of mine and he was seeing the same thing.

The ABC 11 engineer told me that it has to do with the (software) code sent to them by Dish. It cleared up on ABC when they sent a new version. Apparently, the version sent to Fox 50 is funky. One of the many reasons that I'm dumping Dish this month when my contract runs out. Time Warner is way behind with the number of HD channels-- but the ones they don't have (except for NFL Network and one or 2 others) that Dish does-- are mostly stretch vision. TWC has some that Dish doesn't as well-- like MLB Network HD, Speed HD and ESPNU HD. But, the most important thing is that at least they (TWC) tries to communicate. They post their channel additions weeks before they launch. Unlike Dish-- which just leads you on and then never delivers.

Also, I'm getting sick of the signal going out every time it sprinkles. And, I'll save about $60/month for 6 months (by bundling phone/Internet/cable), and then $40/month after that.

The ABC 11 engineer told me that it has to do with the (software) code sent to them by Dish. It cleared up on ABC when they sent a new version. Apparently, the version sent to Fox 50 is funky. One of the many reasons that I'm dumping Dish this month when my contract runs out. Time Warner is way behind with the number of HD channels-- but the ones they don't have (except for NFL Network and one or 2 others) that Dish does-- are mostly stretch vision. TWC has some that Dish doesn't as well-- like MLB Network HD, Speed HD and ESPNU HD. But, the most important thing is that at least they (TWC) tries to communicate. They post their channel additions weeks before they launch. Unlike Dish-- which just leads you on and then never delivers.

Also, I'm getting sick of the signal going out every time it sprinkles. And, I'll save about $60/month for 6 months (by bundling phone/Internet/cable), and then $40/month after that.

Sorry to hear your leaving. With HD in Rocky Mount through suddenlink, they are way more expensive than dish. I sent a message over to fox 50 so I will see what happens that route.

On a side note, your dish may need to be repointed. I am on the eastern arc, and the last time it poured down (during the UNC/Duke BB game), my dish didn't miss a beat, as I thought it may and I would have been disappointed :)

Anyhow, good luck with TW. I know a lot of people are very satisfied with them in Raleigh.

I haven't noticed the horizontal line. My FOX50 either comes in over 118 or 61.5.

I used to have TWC. Navigator is a still-born POS. If you are going with TWC, get ready to pay a lot for much less. I recommend a Tivo if you want a DVR as the SA8300HD is useless. I know no one who is happy with TWC for television. RoadRunner and Digital Phone might be worth it, but the cable TV is not. My bill would go up over $44 per month were I to switch to TWC. No way is that worth it.

I agree that your dish probably needs re-peaking if you are getting rain-fade on DISH. I haven't had rain-fade in months and then only with REALLY heavy rain.

Ted

LOL. My dishes are covered with snow this morning, but I am still getting signal on all channels.

Ted

i had this problem with abc previously and now it's back. i'm not seeing it on fox. it seems to be worse with movement (like within the show or whatever) and i don't see it on the commercials.

i'm in rocky mount too. what can we do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)