Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
The Competitive Enterprise Institute, a conservative group that dismisses the global warming theory, has written to Fox News Channel President Roger Ailes complaining about its planned news special this Sunday night, The Heat Is On: The Case of Global Warming,"

Specifically, it says that the participation of environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as a "special correspondent" for the show is inappropriate, as is what CEI says is Fox's admission that the piece is one sided.

The group also cites an article on Foxnews.com by the show's host that "the vast majority of the scientific community says we're witnessing a unique and troubling kind of climate change" and that "no one can argue with this." CEI disagrees.

"[Y]our producer informs us that Fox intends to run a disclaimer revealing that the network ignored alternative views, including leading scientists who dispute the alarmist position and experts who represent the free-market environmental perspective," the group wrote. "Worse, many and possibly most viewers would not even see this disclaimer presented at the show's beginning.

"It is disturbing that a reputable news network would air so blatantly a one-sided program regardless of any disclaimer. It is even more disappointing when the network in question prides itself on being 'Fair and Balanced.'

A Fox spokeswoman had not returned calls at press time.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6283030.html?display=Breaking+News

i am a fox guy, but i know we have alot of clinton news network guys here, so i thought i would share.

Just responding to the post title ...

and this would be the first time they were accused of this?!?!?! I am pretty sure they announched that John Kerry won the Presidental Election ... and Gore the time before that. Ahhhhh the power of the media.

slacker9876 said:
Just responding to the post title ...

and this would be the first time they were accused of this?!?!?! I am pretty sure they announched that John Kerry won the Presidental Election ... and Gore the time before that. Ahhhhh the power of the media.

Actually Fox news was on of the last to announce the chosen candidate in the 04 race, and they annoucned Bush. CBS was the first to announce Kerry, then ABC followed suit. ABC was the first to accounce that Bush, indeed had won, then FOX news then CBS and so fourth... I remember like it was yesterday! Go FOX News

Yeah maybe ... all I knew was they both are peter puffers, that and I cannot spell. :D FOX does have a fairly liberal slant to all their reporting, even at the local area as far as I can see.

slacker9876 said:
Yeah maybe ... all I knew was they both are peter puffers, that and I cannot spell. :D FOX does have a fairly liberal slant to all their reporting, even at the local area as far as I can see.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe slacker is confusing his local Fox news channel with the national "Fox News" (Sean Hannity/O'Reilly, etc.)? Because from where I see things Fox News is definitely not liberally slanted!
Tom in TX

Tom in TX said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe slacker is confusing his local Fox news channel with the national "Fox News" (Sean Hannity/O'Reilly, etc.)? Because from where I see things Fox News is definitely not liberally slanted!
Tom in TX

I think your right. I try to find where Fox has ANY slant in its reporting. Obviously the Hannity and Colmbs show has a slant, but it goes both ways with each guy taking a side. O'rielly has his own opinions and has been spoken out against The left and the right, and taken sides with both on certain issues. Even the other news channels know that Fox news is a "fair and balanced" news channel.

With that said my local fox news station defiantly has a liberal slant.

slacker9876 said:

OF you think that Fox News has a liberal slant well then you probabnly think everything does. BTW they do not control the news content of Fox broadcast ststionsz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)