Fox asks U.S. court to bar EchoStar retransmissions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Geronimo said:
Actually waht you said was that the stay of the injunction was denied. And that is hard if there is no injunction. Your link refers to something different. i am sorry but you do not quite understand all this.

Not at all. A stay is a suspension. There was a motion for a stay of the injunction. This motion was denied. There does not need to be an injunction in place (simply one coming) to request a stay. The reason the injunction is still not in place is the judge's decision to issue a show cause order and hold off the issuance of the injunction until the parties have replied or the deadline (9/12) is reached. He did this sua sponte (of his own initiative). Greg probably understands this issue better than anyone else. Don't be condesceding. Especially when you're wrong.

Geronimo said:
There is no injunction until the 45 day period expires. You can doa search and find that for yourself. Otherwise how do you explain why there is no injunction if the higher court ordered it? Why hasn't it happened since it is now more than 30 days since the higher court issued their order?

What 45 day period? There is no injunction because of the order described above. This is either standard procedure or within the judge's authority. Of course the higher court could tell him to act immediately. This is probably why Fox filed the request for immediate issuance. I also get details wrong but at least I looked at the court documents and did not rely on some website I googled up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)