Fox Cancels 'Dads,' 'Enlisted,' 'Surviving Jack' and 'Rake'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Less than a day after handing out a batch of new series orders, Fox is cutting ties with several of its series. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the broadcast network has canceled comedies Dads, Enlisted and Surviving Jack as well as drama Rake. Of the network's freshman comedies for the 2013-14 season, only Brooklyn Nine-Nine is returning.

deadline.com

I liked Dads. Martin Mull is so funny in that. Sorry to see it won't be back.

The others I didn't care for. As to Brooklyn Nine-Nine, can't believe that got renewed. Just horrible comedy imo.

Yeah it is sad that all they care about are show ratings. Common law was on USA and that got canned and what they did was replace the show with another cop show that the actors on the new show looked very similar to the common law stars. I wish USA would have moved the show to an earlier time. They had it on at 10 pm on a Friday which is a bad time slot imo. They should of picked an earlier weekday and time. Most of the good shows get canned. Why hasn't the Simpsons been axed yet? I guess it must do good in ratings. I find family guy to be more enjoyable to watch.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Brooklyn nine-nine is really funny in my opinion. Dads was ok, but I gave up on it. The other ones listed where just bad.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I guess Fox thought it would be foolish to cancel a Golden Globe winning show....

critically acclaimed and 'good' aren't necessarily describing the same thing all too often! :)

But as can be seen just in this thread, opinions vary quite a bit on these shows. I liked Dads because of Martin Mull, but he is an acquired taste. I acquired the taste for his comedic style back with Fernwood Tonight.

In Brooklyn Nine-Nine the lead actor whose name I cannot remember, is a total bummer imo. Others in the cast are so much better than him.

In Brooklyn Nine-Nine the lead actor whose name I cannot remember, is a total bummer imo. Others in the cast are so much better than him.

That's true in so many sitcoms. Some older ones that come to mind are Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. The supporting cast members in those series often stole the show from the "main" character....

In guess it is back to L&O:SVU or True Blood for Chris Meloni better known as Stabler!!v :D ;) :)

Dads was okay. I liked Surviving Jack fairly well, it grew on me a little bit, but it didnt get that much of a chance imo.

Rake was my favorite of those listed followed by Brooklyn nine nine. Dads was ok but I never watched the others. I was surprised I liked Brooklyn nine nine since I’m not a Samberg fan.

Brooklyn 9 9 averaged 96% of the ratings of the average scripted Fox show, the Mindy project was 81%. Interesting they are both NBC/Universal productions.

The only one I watched was Dads and I stopped after about 5 episodes.

Never got into Dad's.
I Did like Enlisted, but not so much that I'll miss it.
Rake I enjoyed more, and will miss it. Might check out the Australian series and see how it is.
Never watch Surviving Jack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)