FOX Dispute?

That's my point- if they are saving so much money for their valued customers by holding the line on these disputes, then why aren't those savings passed on to the customer?

Answer: they aren't.

Yo Numb Dude... You know I've always liked and respected your posts but since you quit DISH you've turned into kind of a mini Claude. This is the DISH Network Support Forum after all. :)

That's my point- if they are saving so much money for their valued customers by holding the line on these disputes, then why aren't those savings passed on to the customer?

DISH has 9-10 million customers, how do they distribute meaningful savings and remain profitable?

We have to create our own savings by changing our viewing habits. You did that.

Some people do, some people don't.

DISH isn't a supermarket where you can clip coupons and such.

An ala carte menu for tv would be an unmanageable and expensive nightmare for any provider.

Exactly
We
Even if they didn't raise programming fees, they would raise the other fees to offset it

Just a game that the consumer is used as a pawn

Reactions: comfortably_numb

It simple really if you take your blinders off. They are, indeed, passing the savings to you. You don't think they got a deal that cost exactly the same as the last contract do you? No, if they caved and paid what was originally offered they would have to pass the extra cost off to the subs. The average increase in cost to the sub each year has been $5. It could easily have been $10 when you add in the cost to DISH for programming, employee raises, cost of electricity, etc. Just for the sake of talking, if a channel settled for $5 when they were asking for $10, DISH is saving you $5 a month in increase.

Here we go again. If you compare package to package based on size of packages, dish and dtv are close, with dtv being only a little higher. But then dtv adds an rsn surcharge which bumps their prices to more than $10 per package higher than dish. Then with dish you can drop locals to save even more money. Dtv has nothing close to the welcome pack, smart pack, or the flex pack with prorated channel choices. All of these options to save money had to come from tough negotiations with channel owners. So yes, overall, dish has much cheaper options and more flexibility due to their negotiation tactics.

This is how/when DISH can be less by more than a little. I pay $62.99 for the Top 200. I pay $7 for DVR service and no charge 1st DVR no RSN fee.. $70 for all those channels with a DVR is going to be hard to beat, with the package price guaranteed two years. I have locals OTA integrated into the receiver. Reliability has been stellar in the 20 or so years I have had DISH and the VIP receivers are still to this day after all these years about as good and actually sometimes better as many Cable company receivers, unless you get into whole home, where DISH Hopper beats them.
In addition as Dare2be mentioned DISH has low cost options others do not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts