Fox HD distant network

sammy4041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
Now before everybody jumps down my throat because this may have been brought up before, let me explain.

I live in Eau Claire wi, there is no possible FOX HD option. The station is apparently not financially stable. I was wondering if there was a way to get a waiver to get the HD out of New York. People in a different forums thought yes, I thought I would ask the experts.

I say again though, there is no physical way for someone in my area to get it in HD because it doesnt exist. That is of course assuming you dont "Move" which I don't want to do.

The station does exist, they are just not converting to HD

there is NO way to get a Waiver For stations out of NY any more. Dish Lost there right to sell you those stations any more.

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Really kind of stinks. You can live in a town 10 minutes away with 50000 less people and get the whole works just because you live in a different DMA.

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Really kind of stinks. You can live in a town 10 minutes away with 50000 less people and get the whole works just because you live in a different DMA.
Have you thought about "moving" to the different DMA?

when or if... I personally don't see it happening any time soon. They would need to lease another transponder to do that right? With space at a premium I just don't see it happening.

when or if... I personally don't see it happening any time soon. They would need to lease another transponder to do that right? With space at a premium I just don't see it happening.

All in mpeg4 and after the new birds launch in December it could happen.

I think what's holding them up is the litigation still hanging over their heads. No real need to pay the lease on fiber to uplink if they're going to have to pull it down in 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)