Fox local channel no longer on Dish

A couple of observations. First not a criticism at all, your complaint really isn't the loss of the Fox channel. It's that DISH won't give you what you feel is appropriate for that loss. When the CBS channel was off there was no compensation enough for my wife. I had to come up with a way for her to watch CBS this morning, the soap operas, the local CBS City show each afternoon, and CBS shows at night. Period end of discussion. I was able to teach her to use the Firestick or to watch on her tablet with a subscription to CBS All Access.

In your case the Super Bowl will likely be available on Amazon again and also likely directly from CBS Sports online.
The Super Bowl is on FOX so I don't think CBS will have it on anything.:sorry

I'm trying the complain to your Congress man route. But so far few try this and complaining will get nothing done. All local channels owners (in my opinion) are super greedy. They know you will complain and pay even more. Thank you representative for that law back in 1992. Satellite/cable extends locals coverage area they claim in their DMA. Why shouldn't locals be paying them instead.
Because it's a symbiotic relationship. The locals benefit as do the satellite companies. I do agree that folks complain, but continue to pay.

As far as what a customer is entitled to if they're missing a channel? First, you need to know how much you're paying for that channel/month. Good luck trying to find that. My guess is ~$1. So their $5 offer "makes up" for five months. Even if you're paying $2/month, their offer covers 2.5 months. :)

I just read the service agreement dated June 2018 and it does not mention any time restraints. I gave them my old equipment and they gave me the new stuff. The service agreement shows the new and old equipment and goes through the normal legal jargon for three pages but no where does it make it committal. Maybe I was eligible for a free upgrade but I don't remember. In any event, no where does it mention I am committed for any length of time.

I just read the service agreement dated June 2018 and it does not mention any time restraints. I gave them my old equipment and they gave me the new stuff. The service agreement shows the new and old equipment and goes through the normal legal jargon for three pages but no where does it make it committal. Maybe I was eligible for a free upgrade but I don't remember. In any event, no where does it mention I am committed for any length of time.
You might want to here from someone else on this thread . If your account shows you have the hopper then you have a new contract, just my thoughts.

Make sure you read "the normal legal jargon" closely. It could say something like "for a period of two years as of the date of this contract... "

I am (or was?) eligible for an upgrade to a Hopper for no contract. Back when there was a DIRT person (Speedy I think) here he had told me. However I was and still am on contract for the price reductions so that may play into it. Maybe they offered it to me because they knew I wasn't going to take it..... :biggrin

I am (or was?) eligible for an upgrade to a Hopper for no contract. Back when there was a DIRT person (Speedy I think) here he had told me. However I was and still am on contract for the price reductions so that may play into it. Maybe they offered it to me because they knew I wasn't going to take it..... :biggrin
Where are our Dish reps anyway? I thought they're supposed to be monitoring this thread since we got them back.:cool:hail

I am in the Tyler, Tx. market and the local Fox channel has not been available for quite some time. I would have thought Fox and Dish would have come to an agreement by now. This is the only way I have to watch the super bowl. I live a long way from the station and would need a deep fringe antenna atop a very high tower to bring it in so that is out of the question. I called Dish and they said the only thing they could do for me was a one time $5 credit which I laughed at. I will probably go to cable as I have been a good Dish customer for 20 years and expect something more than that, especially since I pay for local channel service and I am not receiving it, at least not totally.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?
Why don't you use a NY address for your service address, until the Super Bowl is over?

Sure, there are a lot of options and the address trick is one. I still think an agreement will be reached by then but if not that certainly is going to be a consideration as it can be done online and quickly (I assume). I will check into that in the morning.

Reactions: Tampa8
Sure, there are a lot of options and the address trick is one. I still think an agreement will be reached by then but if not that certainly is going to be a consideration as it can be done online and quickly (I assume). I will check into that in the morning.
It can be done online

The OTA is an option. DISH pulled up a website and could see (likely) I could get the 4 networks OTA. That was the deal.....if I can get the 4 networks OTA they'll give it to me. If not, they said the tech would take it back. They used a website as a guide and it said I was good to go. So they sent the tech out and the moment he got here he said it would be no problem as I am 8 miles from most of the antennas and he's installed them in the area. We have lots of hills here, and that did not matter.

They used antennaweb.org to check it and it says from my location I could get all 4 networks. I can and and tons of sub channels.

You may be surprised.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The OTA is an option. DISH pulled up a website and could see (likely) I could get the 4 networks OTA. That was the deal.....if I can get the 4 networks OTA they'll give it to me. If not, they said the tech would take it back. They used a website as a guide and it said I was good to go. So they sent the tech out and the moment he got here he said it would be no problem as I am 8 miles from most of the antennas and he's installed them in the area. We have lots of hills here, and that did not matter.

They used antennaweb.org to check it and it says from my location I could get all 4 networks. I can and and tons of sub channels.

You may be surprised.
Being 8 miles from all four transmitters seems a little different than
I live a long way from the station and would need a deep fringe antenna atop a very high tower to bring it in so that is out of the question.

Yes, eight miles is much different from my situation. One ABC affiliate is only 12 miles away and I get it with rabbit ears but the towers of the other locals are a long way off. CBS for example is 56 miles away and is listed on the website for antenna reception as "challenging to receive", which means I have little chance. The Fox channel is listed as "50/50", which is a hit or miss proposition. They'll resolve this dispute before long, at least I am hopeful and all this will be mute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)