Fox News Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
What happened ? Dish took it off . Are they just teasing with temporary lineups?:mad:

Unless I imagined it, I still have fox news I think. Are you talking about a particular package?

FNC was made available to all for a few months as it was part of the Dish Home Mosaic. However the Mosaic has changed and is now showing the Olympics, so Fox News has returned to AT 120 or higher.

Fox News has never b een part of the Top 60 package.

No word if it will come back ofter the Olympics are over.

SatinKzo said:
Unless I imagined it, I still have fox news I think. Are you talking about a particular package?

AT60

Oh well . I guess I have to go back to listening to it on my XM Radio.

I won't give dish a penny more !

I was just reading the comment back about (not giving Dish a penny more) and I wanted to point out that Dish was kind enough to give you a viewing of Fox News on the top 60, which I wasn't aware of, as I sell Dish and have Dish at home. I have always known and always sold Fox News in top 120 until Feb. 1st when it was launched on the new family pack for 19.99 or 24.99 with locals. Now, Directv has yet to have a small package beyond 41.99 (will change in March-April, however), but for now 19.99 is cheaper than any cable or anything out there for tv. unless you get analog antennae channels... You are paying XM around 11-13 dollars per month, so do the comparison... Everything in life goes up.. the price of milk, gas, etc... people shouldn't be riding satellite tv so hard, compare it to cable and you'll understand what I am saying. I know the customer service for satellite on the 1-800 could be better, but, price wise, Dish is blowing a lot of other businesses away... so be open in your thinking please!!

All, I could say that I'm glad, I have E* service. Even though E* raise their rates, that's nothing compare to what I was paying my cable company before I got E*.

The CSR could be better,I agree, but I get more channels for less $ than my cable.

Compare to my cable service, more money for less channels. My cable does not have a DVR service until now. Ancient service.

digitaldogger said:
I was just reading the comment back about (not giving Dish a penny more) and I wanted to point out that Dish was kind enough to give you a viewing of Fox News on the top 60, which I wasn't aware of, as I sell Dish and have Dish at home. I have always known and always sold Fox News in top 120 until Feb. 1st when it was launched on the new family pack for 19.99 or 24.99 with locals. Now, Directv has yet to have a small package beyond 41.99 (will change in March-April, however), but for now 19.99 is cheaper than any cable or anything out there for tv. unless you get analog antennae channels... You are paying XM around 11-13 dollars per month, so do the comparison... Everything in life goes up.. the price of milk, gas, etc... people shouldn't be riding satellite tv so hard, compare it to cable and you'll understand what I am saying. I know the customer service for satellite on the 1-800 could be better, but, price wise, Dish is blowing a lot of other businesses away... so be open in your thinking please!!

Yeah OK CHARLIE, I know it's YOU !

dish522noe said:
All, I could say that I'm glad, I have E* service. Even though E* raise their rates, that's nothing compare to what I was paying my cable company before I got E*.

The CSR could be better,I agree, but I get more channels for less $ than my cable.

Compare to my cable service, more money for less channels. My cable does not have a DVR service until now. Ancient service.

Another Junior Member....hmmmm

Must be Charlies partner, JIM.

Geronimo said:
Or the family pack it has Fox.

Great Suggestion Geronimo !:)
I did just that. Changed my programming from AT60 to the Family Pack. Now I get the Fox News Channel and save $10.00. Didn't watch most of the other stuff anyway.

Thanks again !

Maybe they are sending you a subliminal message that Fox News is not suitable for general public viewing. (a violation of 1st amendment rights). In the long run it is good though, since too much Sean Hannity would cause any sane person to throw furniture at their TV. Safer for your equipment without Fox.

Since the question has been asked and answered, I am closing this thread to prevent it from deteriorating into the obligatory, and quite boring political debate and conversation over the merits of the channel. Anyone wishing to discuss this is welcome to start a thread in the Chit-Chat club

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)