Fox News HD??

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Can anyone tell me why Dish is unable to provide so basic a service as Fox News in HD?

Not remotely a technical question, but there's a lawsuit between Dish and Fox muddying things.

Yep, first they have to argue about whether it goes in AT100 or AT200 (the issue in the lawsuit), then the can work out the affiliation agreement for the HD version.

Hey, it seems Direct can't work it out, either.

Yep, first they have to argue about whether it goes in AT100 or AT200 (the issue in the lawsuit), then the can work out the affiliation agreement for the HD version.

Hey, it seems Direct can't work it out, either.

What do you mean by "AT100 or AT200?"

What do you mean by "AT100 or AT200?"

America's Top 100 or America's Top 200. The lawsuit involves a disagreement between Dish and Fox whereby Dish promised to make Fox News available to a certain minimum package segment of its subscribers. Dish and Fox disagree about what this minimum package is, hence a lawsuit.

AT100 and AT200 actually used to be AT60 and AT120 back when the agreement between Dish and Fox was made.

Find out more here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118128-fox-news-sues-echostar.html

I'm hoping it comes soon and it arrives on my TurboHD Gold package (plus whatever other packages are considered the "significantly viewed" level).

Currently I have to make do (since I'm in an all HD package and can't receive the SD version) with just their website and internet streamed SD Lite content. :) Who'd a thunk I'd be gripping about SD Lite (320x200 or something like that in the small streaming window).

I can't wait to get unfair and unbalanced high-definition news from FoxNewsHD. I'm starting to lose sleep over the thought.;)

Look, if you don't like the channel, don't watch it. Take your politics to DailyKos. You'll be comfortable there.

I hope Dish pisses everyone off: Launch Fox News HD to mess with the left, launch MSNBC HD to mess with the right, and screw the rest of us for wasting 2 HD spots on 24 hour news networks. :)

Actually, I most want Headline News HD. Robin Meade in HD, yeah!:D

Look, if you don't like the channel, don't watch it. Take your politics to DailyKos. You'll be comfortable there.
I like watching it at times - but I'm pointing out that for a station to claim they are 'fair and balanced' is boasting with no proof and pointless. Sorry if I wasn't that direct - but hardly politics.

It's like someone saying that they are the most honest and friendly person in the country. You would do better to watch what they are really like and make up your own mind, instead of buying in to self-boasting.

They are always reminding us that they are fair and balanced, but it doesn't mean they are or that they aren't.

Don't over-react, I even said it with a wink. Jeez!

I'd rather get the station than not get it, at least I'd have more than one view on the news, even if it tends to be the same at times as others. Right now I only get CNN.

Last edited:
Well he did make better grades at Yale than Al Gore did.

And at least they aren't campaigning for Obama like NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN.